Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 89 325is head first dive (NEW BUILD PG.13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good.. But personally I'd cough up the extra cash for ms.. It's not much more check with whodwho

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Have another windshield ready if you go MS

My vote goes for MS though, my car runs super smooth and so much better than with motronic. It was headache getting it all working, but it is the greatest thing to happen to the m20... IMHO. Maybe my last car had other issues hurting its driveability.. but megasquirt is great. Driveable, really opens up all sorts of options

But I reiterate, be prepared to punch another windshield or two while you're figuring it all out.

And break it in on strock motronic, you don't need to be tuning a table while trying to seat your rings.

QUESTION: What made you go with the cx racing rods? Are they any good? seem like a hell of a deal for the price
      Last edited by saturnv7890; 06-11-2013, 07:30 AM.

My Transaction Feedback
      My "build" thread
      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Almost done.. The drivers side is going to be a pain in the ass and I still have to clean driver side :(
        1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
        1988 325IS *DAILY*
        Old Build - My 89 325is head first dive

Comment

Looking nice. What bedliner are you using? I used some brush on duplicolor on my chassis seems to hold up nicely. Also see above question about rods

My Transaction Feedback
          My "build" thread
          BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
            Looking nice. What bedliner are you using? I used some brush on duplicolor on my chassis seems to hold up nicely. Also see above question about rods
            Thanks a lot :D

I picked the cxracing rods because they were cheap and I didn't want to dump so much into one part seeing that people push a lot of boost on stock rods, these are forged H-Beam so they got to be better than stock lol

I paid like 250 or so!

Pistons are Cast MaxSil pistons from Bavarian, coated with Teflon

1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
            1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Oh and I used Duplicolor blue can spray, but for the hard placed i sprayed it into a little Tupperware thing, let it sit for a few minutes so it was like 1/4 dry and more thick and i got hard to reach places with a paint brush lol
              1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
              1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Well they sure are pretty!!

Any progress??

My Transaction Feedback
                My "build" thread
                BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Looking like a sweet build
                  95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                  Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                  LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

No progress guys ): wont have any real money until 2 more weeks, this new job pays good but i get no hours (NC Aquarium) coolest job though!

Those 3 piece gotti wheels im selling was originally 2k but i will let them go for 1100!!!!!!!

really want to drive my car soooo badly
                    1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                    1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

I love your dedication, I wish more people would have the drive (no pun intended) that you have, should be pretty sweet when your done! keep truckin!
                      Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

it looks like you're okay spending some dough and doing some good things with the motor work, please spend an extra $200 to get some e30-specific springs on there.
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by slow325isedan View Post
                          I love your dedication, I wish more people would have the drive (no pun intended) that you have, should be pretty sweet when your done! keep truckin!
                          Thannks alot buddy! I appreciate that, i just cannot wait to drive this thing already!

Got to sell these wheels and get to ordering parts!
                          1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                          1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Build is back on track! Just picked up another job at staples unloading freight so ill be doing about 55 hours a week of work, god i cant wait to drive this thing, first thing im doing is lighting the damn tires up, ill get it on video too :D
                            1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                            1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Originally posted by rmosca594 View Post
                              Build is back on track! Just picked up another job at staples unloading freight so ill be doing about 55 hours a week of work, god i cant wait to drive this thing, first thing im doing is lighting the damn tires up, ill get it on video too :D

Best thing to do on a completely fresh rebuild
                              EDIT: I guess it can and probably will be argued that this statement is not sarcastic

And man you change jobs more than I change my jeans!

My Transaction Feedback
                              My "build" thread
                              BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
                                Best thing to do on a completely fresh rebuild
                                EDIT: I guess it can and probably will be argued that this statement is not sarcastic

And man you change jobs more than I change my jeans!
                                LOL, moving is a pain, as soon as the e30 is how i want, im leaving so my managers may get a little mad about me leaving so soon.

Now that im goign to have all this money to drop into the car im debating on just building the turbo kit and everything before the motor is in, so first start it will boosted compared to me driving it NA for a bit then boost in about 2 months
                                1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                                1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Working...
                                X