Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Sweet!
    What size intercooler is that if you mind?
    I've eyed that turbo before and always deemed it too big for my goals. I'm interested on how it turns out on your 2.5!!
    I honestly done know the dementions, a friend of mine had it laying around and it fits perfectly. Ill take some measurements when i get back to the car.
    Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

ARP's are unfortunately expensive. Some kiddo on e30tech sells them for $215 I think and Ireland Engineering comes 2nd.

Use a Goetze headgasket. Stay away from Victor Reinz or anything else.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

ARP's are unfortunately expensive. Some kiddo on e30tech sells them for $215 I think and Ireland Engineering comes 2nd.

Use a Goetze headgasket. Stay away from Victor Reinz or anything else.
        I was thinking Goetze but is that going to hold up to boost? I am not o-ringing the block, stock 2.5 bottom end, 76mm turbo 10-12lbs arp's 60lb injectors.
        Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Yes that's perfectly fine and will hold at those levels.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yes that's perfectly fine and will hold at those levels.
            Thanks a lot sir, you've been very helpful!
            Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Its on the way! just have to get the studs now,

Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Why not go with an mls head gasket?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                  Why not go with an mls head gasket?
                  Ive heard bad things and the for what i want to do with the car it should work fine, OE gasket sprayed with copper and arp's with a good tune should be more then reliable for me to have fun with as a DD,

On a side not I live 5 miles away from the cometic gasket HQ, Im just not a fan of Multi layer, I know a few people that have had leakage problems.
                  Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

That's a good price for the OEM head gasket.. Thanks for the link lol. Picking one up to do my 885 swap.
                    My Eta Build Thread

Comment

Going to be following this closely! The build I'm planning to start is looking to be very similar to yours!

Originally posted by Janderson
                      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Goetze stock hg works well. You are so lucky you checked the timing belt that thing was on its way out
                        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                          Goetze stock hg works well. You are so lucky you checked the timing belt that thing was on its way out
                          I know, I wasn't planning on pulling the head but my buddy talked me into it and i'm super glad he did, what looks like happened was the timing belt had been changed by the PO and it seems like the belt was not tensioned properly, I just slid it off with out even touching the tensioner lol, it was a BMW belt though.
                          Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Quick update,

Got all my parts powder coated over the weekend, went with a wrinkle black and then just a plain silver for all the brackets, also ordered solid engine mounts because mine where broken, So now just waiting for the HG and studs to get here. Tomorrow I plan to clean the engine bay as much as possible and possibly shoot a little paint to clean it up, we shall see!

Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

That vc looks great. Nice job
                              1991 335is in progress

Comment

i like this build!

what rear end are you running? IMO, you should try to find a 3.15, clutch-pack or torsen, off of a z3.

Comment

Working...
                                X