My E30 335i resto-mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 335i resto-mod

Well i got my E30 when i was 17. It was a gift from my aunt who gave it to her daughter who gifted it to me. Currently she has 240,000 miles on her. Well thats when it stopped working about 2 years ago.

History

My aunt bought the car in 1993 from the dealer she was the second owner. My aunt has owned a BMW since. She took good care of the car but one hot day over heated. So the head gasket has been replaced. I am not sure why but the transmission was rebuilt as well. So when i got it i was happy and wanted to do so much it it. Glad i was too broke to do anything cause not going to lie. It would have been ugly as sin.
    So here i am now with a job and about to pick up another job. I have down a few things to it, including, New suede shift boots and e-brake boot, "iS" lip, Depo angel eyes, and a lot of much needed maintenance.
    So now after much deliberation, I am not getting the ol gal ready for a new paint job. Im painting her a 2005 M3 Blue. I am doing all the work myself being tought by a man who did custom work on Porsche for over 20+ years.
    as it sits right now i am aligning the rear bumper ( the plastic one ). I am removing the dive boards and getting everything ready for when i strip this car down to bare metal and repaint her. My best friend has a media blaster. we will not be using sand but a far less harsh material. Ill post pics of that later when we start doing the work.

I have a lot of plans for this car and will be picking up a second job so i can get more parts faster. These will include finishing up the facelift work, replace a few broken parts, and working on the interior.

I will be throwing dome GC coilovers on it and replacing the seats. The rear bench i want to try for M3 rear seats and im going to get some E92 Performance seats (replicas), the ones from BMW are way too much. I will be ordering my interior material for covering the dash and center counsel. I cant wait till it arrives. And for those of you who have seen my threads that i have started before will know this cars final look will not be a 3-series. Well at lease not a normal 3-series. I will be ordering the panels for that vary soon.

Suede boots

got a complete tool kit started with none

me mum car

got the harness cover. one of the best mods in my opinion.

got the harness cover installed totally looks way better than it did. To anyone who says dosnt fit with an M20 ^_^ i made it fit.

got the rear bumper installed. Goint to make spacers for it so i dont have to chop the bumper at all. going by my friends expert advice.
    Last edited by Bimmer_man; 09-03-2013, 09:17 PM.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

damn those images are way too freaking big lol.

sigpic

Comment

Painted the trim on my car today and finally replaced the front valance with late model parts car need a pain to job but Damn it looks a lot better.

Before

the parts

its all taken apart

cutting off the tow hooks

first install pic

lines up good

painted the door handles the trim black

Painted the window trim black

the front view with the grill in place
      Last edited by Bimmer_man; 07-24-2013, 08:18 PM.

sigpic

Comment

got a few updates

sigpic

Comment

I replaced my window switches with the E36 switches. I may get a new center counsel and recut it i dont like how it turned out. The center counsel has a crack on the driver side and it has something that wont clean off on the passenger side. So i suppose its just as well.

sigpic

Comment

What kind of E36 switches did you use? I know there is e36 switches with at least 3 different style plugs on the bottom. I have a variety of E36 switches and I'm trying to do some research to make the one touch function work with the OEM components from the e36.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
            sigpic
            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

i used the ones with the white base i got them from a gentleman on rev.

sigpic

Comment

interested to see how the rear bumper works with your spacer idea, i have a set of plastic bumpers laying in my garage that are awaiting to be mounted on my early model lol.

Comment

Dont paint it laguna blue please, leave it silver or gray or whatever nice color it is.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Its your car but that blue isn't meant for a car that age! My $0.02. Stay OEM.
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Dont paint it laguna blue please, leave it silver or gray or whatever nice color it is.
                      its not going to be that blue. Its the dark metallic blue almost that pearl blue color.

it would be this color

not my car i just googled it

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                      interested to see how the rear bumper works with your spacer idea, i have a set of plastic bumpers laying in my garage that are awaiting to be mounted on my early model lol.
                      when i ever get around to doing that ill post pics and such for it if it comes out right. but ill need to figure out what i could do to cover that empty space.
                      Last edited by Bimmer_man; 07-15-2013, 10:10 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Installed my fog lights. Need to get new bulbs then i can post pics with the lights on.

sigpic

Comment

Took a look under my car. Looked at the subframes, control arms, frame, body. and not a spec of rust. There are however a light surface is visible on the cars body panels where some deep scratches are. Nothing to be really concerned about seeing how those panels are going to be replaced anyway.

sigpic

Comment

Cool build thread man! I'm right near you - located in the Roseville area
                            "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

thanks. Its going to be a slow build but in time she will be better than she was brand new. currently redoing the cooling system along with the timing belt. Ive put that off for way too long. Then on to a whole new braking system. And if i can get the ABS unit to work then ill keep the ABS but if its no good anymore then ill just be removing it. Dont want to but dosnt make any sense to me to keep a heavy non usable brick in the engine bay.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X