No announcement yet.

Dad and Daughter E30 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, the CAR is Petunia...Madison is the OP's name...
    Originally posted by LJ851
    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
    #teamross
    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
      So, is it the dad or the daughter posting? The grammar is phenomenal for a person of the younger generation.

anyways.

was the air leak found? im wondering if they put the bottom of the throttle body back together and attached all the lines.

check the under side of the intake, see if the oil return pipe has slid down or not sealing. also check the intake, make sure the TPS is plugged in. check the vacuum hose next to it, also.
      lastly the injector harness. c101 plug. it's keyed to the metal rail it sits in, plug goes through, then a tiny lock ring then the bottom plug. - i missed this on my first rebuild.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post

Wait a minute, you're saying the car has its own r3v account ?

Mind Blown.
        Last edited by LJ851; 08-20-2013, 09:10 AM.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          Wait a minute, your saying the car has its own r3v account ?

Mind Blown.
          Car has built in WiFi so it auto updates to R3VLimited on a daily basis.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
          sigpic
          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

I am pretty sure we plugged everything in including that port on the bottom of the throttle body. We used a peice of 8mm fuel hose to connect as discussed earlier cause that peice isnt made anymore.

My dad has been talking with blunt and thinks there is a leak on the intake boot. I know the one we have is torn where the hose clamp connects to the airbox.

we have ordered a new boot and a new fuel pump. My dad changed the fuel filter last night and it didnt change the whining sound.

Comment

make sure to get the right air boot. you have a L-shape ICV and automatic-transmission brake booster lines
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                make sure to get the right air boot. you have a L-shape ICV and automatic-transmission brake booster lines
                Yeah my dad gave him the build date number so I am sure blunt will get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Petunia View Post
                  Yeah my dad gave him the build date number so I am sure blunt will get it right.
                  it's just good to double check
                  part # you need is: 13711708800, bc your car is a 9/1988-11/1988
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

this is awesome, with 3 daughters I hope E30s are still affordable by the time they start driving.
                    sigpic
                    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                      it's just good to double check
                      part # you need is: 13711708800, bc your car is a 9/1988-11/1988
                      Thanks for the part number!

Comment

Hell yes! The ole starter whack trick works again.

And on the fuel pump, you can retrofit a much less expensive one in there. I'm not sure which one, but there are threads on it here somewhere.
                        Originally posted by Andy.B
                        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          Hell yes! The ole starter whack trick works again.

And on the fuel pump, you can retrofit a much less expensive one in there. I'm not sure which one, but there are threads on it here somewhere.
                          Chevy Nova. Like $40 from Advance. Search in the E30 technical part of r3v. It's really simple to figure out.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Petunia:

Its great to see the work you and your Dad are doing.

My dog is named Petunia, a 5 year old Jack Russell terrier. She is my wingnut and loves riding in my E30 cars.
                            Attached Files
                            1993 Alpine White II 325i convertible (last year of E30 production)
                            1988 Zinnoberot 325 Super ETA coupe

Comment

Tell your dad to bring it up to Octoberfest. You can meet the NC crew. Maybe even the next CNC?

COTM

Comment

Bump this thread !!!
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X