X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MF DOOM
    replied
    ahh, gotcha ^^

Not much of an update but I pulled the turbo old turbo off. Never again will I buy a turbo with a 5 bolt dp flange.. Called AGP turbo and they said the oil feed on my turbo is a 1/4" npt. So I bought one and it isn't a 1/4"npt... problem #1. I read somewhere that BW uses bpt for their turbos. Anyone know?

Bimmerworld sent me the wrong control arm bushings and sway bar links for the e46.. again. problem #2.

And I made a big order from pelican for everything to service the e39. New vanos seals, vc gasket, chain tensioner, TCC solenoid, trans filter aaaaaaand i forgot the pan gasket for the trans...

And every package ive received recently has been beat to shit.

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    I meant you already have the lengthened driveshaft for the 260 :) Anyone else will have to get theirs lengthened.

I had to get a large flange driveshaft extended 2" to fit the ZF in my car.

M42 gets shorted on everything :( 6cyl stuff is so easy in comparison!

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    With the ZF you would need a different DS and you need to have it extended. No factory DS is the right length.

If you are 260 it should be strong enough and you dont need a new driveshaft. Much easier!!!
    False. No driveshaft fits the m42/g260 setup. I had to have this one built. Its 62 1/8" IIRC

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    no bitching allowed when you have straight cut gears in your g260

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    With the ZF you would need a different DS and you need to have it extended. No factory DS is the right length.

If you are 260 it should be strong enough and you dont need a new driveshaft. Much easier!!!

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    Is that whine normal? Its fucking LOUD! Couple of dudes on e30tech said its normal and some said it wasnt. I guess really all I can do is drive it and find out

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    stay 260. you aint gonna break that thing.

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    ehh.. If I go ZF then I have to get another driveshaft built(or source one from an e36?) and im not sure if my clutch setup will work with a zf.. not that it works now lol

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Time for ZF? :)

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    G260

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Which trans are you using now? G240?

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Sub'd! I'm a sucker for red e30. I be watching my friend.

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    Heres that video. i only revved it to 3k. wtf? You can hear my frustrations in the video

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    So school has been whooping my ass. Its strange having to do homework again... Besides changing trans fluid today, absolutely no work has been done to the car :( I have a video thats uploading right now with a question about a whine from the trans.

I finally bought a daily though. e39 touring and its baller as fuck.

Snapped what I thought was a cool picture of some cars we have laying around right now. 442 wagon in the back, e46, then a belair wagon. wagons are so in right now.

And this is changing the trans fluid... pain in the ass

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    That turbo will be very nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X