Stroker Ace - 318iS to 327iS.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Really like the feel of this dibed shifter.
    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 04-22-2017, 03:24 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    clean

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    More progress





    Temporary diff. Rebuilt/welded 4.11 small case.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Progress has been made.





    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 06-23-2014, 07:07 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • digger
    replied
    uneven coating makes it patchy and also you could use a portable heat to blow warm air over it on a cool day

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Picked up the head from the machine shop today and dropped off the flywheel to get lightened. The plan is to assemble the engine this weekend.

    Not sure what the deal is with the valve cover but the wrinkle black didn't want to wrinkle in a uniform manner. I'll have to work that out and give it another coat before sanding back the raised bits. Perhaps it was too cold when I painted it. Not too fussed about the VC though, as long as I get the wrinkle black right on the intake manifold.




    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 12-22-2014, 08:18 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    I don't know why it didn't hit me from the pictures that your e30 was RHD. It's definitely something to look into for is LHD guys, especially with rack swaps

    Keep the cool coming

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    ebay.co.uk because I needed RHD Vauxhall column.

    LHD and RHD have different splines from what I've read. Perhaps the German Opel Corsa linkages will work for LHD E30's but I can not confirm.

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    Stroker Ace - 318iS to 327iS.

    Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD
    Best part is how it just pressed together like it was meant to be.
    Details on how you found it?

    eBay.eu?
    eBay.de?

    Would love to get rid of the terrible double-u joint construction, and have a pretty crucial safety feature back in my car

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    That Vauxhull steering linkage looks awesome. I'd rather use that than the modified knuckle I have for my z3 rack. Looks like it would be so much easier to fit and looks much more tidy too

    Would give some crush space as well if God forbid I ever have an impact that would crush my steering column towards my face
    Best part is how it just pressed together like it was meant to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    That Vauxhull steering linkage looks awesome. I'd rather use that than the modified knuckle I have for my z3 rack. Looks like it would be so much easier to fit and looks much more tidy too

    Would give some crush space as well if God forbid I ever have an impact that would crush my steering column towards my face

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m20TurbO7
    replied
    I just did this! Love it same color car to

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Been a while since I've updated but it's getting pretty close now.

    Waiting for a call from the machine shop so I can pick up the head. Just got a basic valve grind/valve guide replacement and a machine.

    #415 injectors are on their way from Mepeh Injectors.

    Swapped the 4.10 LSD for a set of new wheels/tyres.

    They're 15x8 -4 Performance Alloy Wheels Superlites with 205/50 Kumho KU36. The company has been around for a long time and manufacturing plant is based right here in Adelaide, Australia. I've intended to run Superlites since I had the MK2 Escort. If I was to buy them new they would have been $1200 + another ~$800 for the tyres.

    I've never liked black wheels so they'll be painted silver before going on the car.

    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 04-12-2014, 04:36 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    I have fairly similar ones in my 2002, but I'm not sure if they're the original fabric or were recovered in some sort of corduroy. I'll have a look at the number plates the next time I'm near it.

    I wish mine folded forward. It would make getting stuff in the back much simpler.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    you can tell by the top bolsters - they're square on LS, and triangular on the LX (which is what the e21 seat is based off)

    Leave a comment:

Working...