Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballin' on a budget 87 325e (Now M52 swapped! going boosted!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shipped today! The other night we wired up the fan, tried getting the engine up to temp and realized it was almost out of gas when it started sputtering. So without thinking we grabbed a gas jug with regular gas in it and then the following few minutes were filled with WTF why's it running like shit!!?? Until we realized we needed premium...so this weekend calls for some octane booster and a nice jug of 93 octane.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

No picture updates but I did get my flex disc today. But on the other side of things....my 318 radiator that was in "good working condition" has an 1/8" hole in the expansion tank and also leaked between the seam of the radiator and expansion tank. Too bad I bought it like a year ago or that'd be an eBay dispute. However...I bought a new one that should be here in a couple days. If all goes well she'll be running by this coming weekend.

Comment

Sad day. So I got my new radiator, revshift guibo, an oil change and filter and some coolant along with some octane booster and 2 gallons of 93 octane and went out to wrap this thing up.

Threw in the octane booster and the gas and fired it up to let the shitty gas burn out ....but she never cleared up. Also smoking badly. I checked the dipstick and it was just to the tip of the stick. So I dropped in two quarts of oil just to make sure and let it run again...still running like shit and smoking like a dirty hooker. Then my heart dropped... Checked the dipstick again and well...let's just say 10w30 doesn't run off the dipstick. Looks like somehow we blew the head gasket while letting it idle in the garage. I think we got wrapped up in trying to find the radiator leak and didn't realize how long it had been running. I checked the underside if the oil cap to confirm and sure enough there is a milky white residue all over it. FML.

On an optimistic note...since I'm now gonna have to do a head gasket, would there be anything wrong with throwing some ARP studs and an mls gasket on it and then running it without boost? Just so later on if I wanna boost it, that part is already done.

Comment

Well thanks to tax returns I have officially given myself the go ahead to boost this bitch. Shooting for ~350hp.
          Plans are as such:
          Precision 5431e turbo
          42lb Bosch fiveo blue knight injectors
          EBay e30 24v turbo manifold, fmic/piping kit and oil line kit
          Cometic .140 mls head gasket
          ARP head studs.
          Etc.

Money will be here mid February. Stay tuned.

Comment

sweet build man

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
            X