Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB's on a 24v project, Dyno results Post 136!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200k mile bone stock m50b25...

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^Bone Stock as in a baseline run or after the ITB's ? I am not familiar with what a stock one of those puts down.

Dynorun 34 leads me to believe post ITB install. Nice afr curve...
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

needs a baseline.......IMO should have done test on a healthy B28.
        Last edited by digger; 06-03-2014, 05:09 PM.
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Please overlay that curve with the baseline, and a description of what all is different between them.

If it's just the ITB conversion then a before/after dyno would be extremely interesting to see! If you added headers and other crap, not so much.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            needs a baseline.......IMO should have done test on a healthy B28.
            Agreed, but I traded my wife's minivan with a slipping transmission for the e36 and used it to get everything working properly. This has all been done on the very few spare pennies I have from my own pocket.

There's a few locals whom I wrote dyno'd chips for, probably going to use one of them for a before/after, none of which are b25's. We both know the 45mm is a tad large for a stock b25, but seeing this much power from a tired one is promising. Now that everything is working properly and I have a grasp of the Alpha-N OBD1, can't wait to put them on a larger/healthier motor. Might not even bother with putting the stock manifold/car on the dyno and wasting the time, effort and money.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

A "PRO3" race motor is lucky to get 155 on the ground. Thats whatever tune, whatever exhaust, no internal or intake mods at all.

177 is a fucking miracle on a bone stock B25.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                A "PRO3" race motor is lucky to get 155 on the ground. Thats whatever tune, whatever exhaust, no internal or intake mods at all.

177 is a fucking miracle on a bone stock B25.
                lol we are talking M50b25 right? 155rwhp from a fresh M50b25 is BS they are 190ish crank from BMW.

a fresh M20B25 with careful attention is 150-155whp.

also dont focus on peak numbers
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  Please overlay that curve with the baseline, and a description of what all is different between them.

If it's just the ITB conversion then a before/after dyno would be extremely interesting to see! If you added headers and other crap, not so much.
                  Bone stock m50b25, OBD1 exhaust manifolds, stock cams (verified in pic below). No baseline, this was a spur of the moment trade for the e36 shortly after the first manifold adapter was prototyped. 200k mile motor in bad shape. Will get some numbers on healthy/larger motors soon.

The odo shows just under 201,000, and appears to have had a very hard life.

john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    Agreed, but I traded my wife's minivan with a slipping transmission for the e36 and used it to get everything working properly. This has all been done on the very few spare pennies I have from my own pocket.

There's a few locals whom I wrote dyno'd chips for, probably going to use one of them for a before/after, none of which are b25's. We both know the 45mm is a tad large for a stock b25, but seeing this much power from a tired one is promising. Now that everything is working properly and I have a grasp of the Alpha-N OBD1, can't wait to put them on a larger/healthier motor. Might not even bother with putting the stock manifold/car on the dyno and wasting the time, effort and money.
                    yeah a worn out M50B25 is just not going to do it justice thats all.

Comment

lol we are talking M50b25 right? 155rwhp from a fresh M50b25 is BS they are 190ish crank from BMW.

a fresh M20B25 with careful attention is 150-155whp
                      The dyno says otherwise, well the one I have been using. Healthy stripped down race trim, single resonator motors make 145-155whp. That's a spec e30 built to the rules of .020" over, crank baffles/scrapers and balancing only. In fact they are DQ over 168whp (IIRC).
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

yeah a worn out M50B25 is just not going to do it justice thats all.

Still made 177whp lol. I searched and searched posted dynographs. Seems a cammed, healthy m50b25 is about the same as these ITB's.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Still made 177whp lol. I searched and searched posted dynographs. Seems a cammed, healthy m50b25 is about the same as these ITB's.
                          yeah peak gains will be there on a free flowing head but overlay the curves....

what airbox/filter you using?

Comment

when are the bolton and cammed S52 guys gonna get this up and running?

Comment

what airbox/filter you using?
                              Open trumpets today.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

My old 300k+ 100% stock M50TU made 175hp and 160tq on a dynojet.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X