No announcement yet.

Red Rocket - 1990 325i Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have an insight into these error messages? Happens when I burn the tune. Kameron says the tune has worked great on 5 other cars without any errors.

Comment

im currently useing kams tune it gave me those errors and was told they wouldnt matter so i went with it , finally got my wasted spark all set up thanks to whodwho great guy very helpful kam also helped alot , my issue tho was it wouldnt start and not all coils seemd like they were firing so i used 1 spark plug wire and a old spark plug and tested each coil plug 1 by one each had spark , than i noticed my brand new MSD wires were not working proabbly my fault didnt put them together properly anyways got a full set of Taylor pro plugs already made very long but my car fired right up with no issues!!
      Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
      1987 bmw e30 euro part out
      1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
      Metric Mechanic 2.9 stroker
      Holset Hx35w CXRacing Manifold
      MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
      OEM HG AEM Methanol injection
      20psi

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwb View Post
        im currently useing kams tune it gave me those errors and was told they wouldnt matter so i went with it , finally got my wasted spark all set up thanks to whodwho great guy very helpful kam also helped alot , my issue tho was it wouldnt start and not all coils seemd like they were firing so i used 1 spark plug wire and a old spark plug and tested each coil plug 1 by one each had spark , than i noticed my brand new MSD wires were not working proabbly my fault didnt put them together properly anyways got a full set of Taylor pro plugs already made very long but my car fired right up with no issues!!
        I think Whodwho finally led me to the problem. The car fired last night, but ran like shit. I've got the plug wires on the coil mixed up to where they don't match the input wires from MS. I'll get that fixed tonight and I'm certain the car will run.

I have this super cool ability to make this exponentially more complicated in my head than they actually are. Thus confusing myself and fucking shit up.

Comment

i just finished my exhaust it ran amazing on the road than ye , i forgot to take out the bad 87 octane gas .... and replace my fuel pump for a wlabro im shooting fireballs for days hit boost sick for the first 2 seconds. but not he tune ran perfect it gave me some errors but started to work out

btw what does your AFRS read at idle
          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
          20psi

Comment

i just finished my exhaust it ran amazing on the road than ye , i forgot to take out the bad 87 octane gas .... and replace my fuel pump for a wlabro im shooting fireballs for days hit boost sick for the first 2 seconds. but not he tune ran perfect it gave me some errors but started to work out

btw what does your AFRS read at idle
            The tune ended up just needing some adjusting which Whodwho did for me. Either way, Kameron and Keith are both awesome to deal with. I've asked each of them a million questions and they've never let me down. AFRs are in the 10s but it's also like 20 degrees out right now.

Anywho, car runs now. WOOT. Started snowing literally right as I opened the garage to test start it, so here's a lame parking lot snow video.

Comment

Aboot time, glad to see it running.

Comment

that looks like fun
                Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

It is. Naturally the last couple of weeks when it wasn't running, it was like 55 degrees out. Now it's 12 degrees

Comment

your car is bad ass. id like to turbo but idk where to start lol.

Comment

Thanks!

Update 3/10:

This past weekend I did a diff swap. Found a buyer for my S3.73, so I picked up an S2.93.

Car up:

Out with the old:

New 2.93 - It was covered in de-greaser because I felt the sudden urge to clean it. Once I started cleaning it, that motivation went away so it went in the car like this lol. But first, some redline fluid.

Up-skirt shot:

Install took longer than it should have because I was having trouble getting just 1 of the top bolts to line up properly. Ended up actually taking all 4 bolts back out, then slowly, 1 turn at a time tightening each of them individually until I could ratchet them in place. I've never had that much trouble before.

After finishing that, I took her for a spin. I thought the 2.93 might be a little too long for an M20, but it was actually great. I can tell that 2nd and 3rd gear rolls in this thing are going to be fucking killer. Unfortunately with all of that being said, the diff is super noisy. No clunking or anything like that, but the sound coming from my back end is almost like my rear brake pads are shot and they're grinding constantly while driving. I called the guy I bought the diff from and he has another I can swap out, but he's never run it so again I will be going into another diff swap blindly. So I've got that going for me.

In other news, I need to upgrade injectors. Around 4600rpm, the car cuts out every time. My logs are telling us that my injectors are at 91% duty cycle at 4,000 RPM. This week HOPEFULLY I will be ordering a set of Siemens Deka 60#ers and finally ARP studs. I've got a Hallman Pro RX boost controller sitting in my toolbox waiting as well. I was really hoping to run the car for a while as is, especially since I just bought the bike, but I guess I should have expected that with only 30#ers in there now. But on the other hand, this now means turning up the boost to 15psi or so.

Overall, sort of a bum update, but I'm very happy with how the car is running. AFRs are great (11.3-11.8). Plus, Kameron sent me a virtual dyno plot which really instills some hope in me. 227hp/283lb-ft. That's about 7hp less, and 50lb-ft torque more than my S52 car. Seeing this and feeling it pull so well actually gives me a lot more motivation and makes me very excited for warmer weather. This week should be in the 60s so hopefully I'll get out and make some videos.

Also my shift knob broke. What the shit.

Comment

Does anybody have recommendations for wiring my tach? Not using stock cluster, it's an AutoMeter tach. Before it would pull signal from the negative side of the coil. Not using that any longer with wasted spark.

Comment

did you end up installing your wasted spark im having issues with it i got it running but when i took it for a drive it started missing bad and shooting fireballs so i switched back to a dizzy again which really sucks cuz i wanna run more than 17psi without it cutting out ,

took the car to the race meets on saturday and got alot of looks and people trying to catch up ,

bmw m3 e36 thought he had a chance and didnt notice my charge piping and got ripped a new one ! ,so did a couple other cars including a skyline! in the end got followed by half the racers so i took the to the local timmies to chill!

great car you got there but i wouldnt risk it rusting in that weather!!! unless its your dd i wouldnt drive it in my opinion!
                          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                          20psi

Comment

did you end up installing your wasted spark im having issues with it i got it running but when i took it for a drive it started missing bad and shooting fireballs so i switched back to a dizzy again which really sucks cuz i wanna run more than 17psi without it cutting out ,

took the car to the race meets on saturday and got alot of looks and people trying to catch up ,

bmw m3 e36 thought he had a chance and didnt notice my charge piping and got ripped a new one ! ,so did a couple other cars including a skyline! in the end got followed by half the racers so i took the to the local timmies to chill!

great car you got there but i wouldnt risk it rusting in that weather!!! unless its your dd i wouldnt drive it in my opinion!
                            Yep! It's been running on wasted spark since the night I did the snow burnout. Runs great. It took me forever to figure out that I didn't have the plug wires installed properly in conjunction with the ING driver inputs to the coil pack. Ended up using this diagram and it worked perfectly:

Your car sounds strong. Upload some videos!

I bought my car to drive, regardless of the weather. Fuck it. Also, I don't know if you can tell in the crappy up-skirt photo, but the whole car is undercoated. Should be decent against whatever kind of garbage we get around here.

Comment

i also used that i dont get it the car runs and revs up smooth but when i take it for a spin it sounds and shoots flames it hesitates to go with wasted spark btw what ms are you useing ? and where did u get it from i think its my ms acting up and not the coil or plugs

just trying to figuire out a weird sound from my motor just finished taking the oil pan apart thinking i spun a bearing but i didnt valves are tight and i still have this weird ticking time to check the turbo ! ill upload some more videos soon ,

well your car looks sick just keep cleaning it if theres a shit load of salt gonna be thrown on your roads i know in calgary they do and it sucks eats up the body like its nothing
                              Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                              1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                              MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                              20psi

Comment

i also used that i dont get it the car runs and revs up smooth but when i take it for a spin it sounds and shoots flames it hesitates to go with wasted spark btw what ms are you useing ? and where did u get it from i think its my ms acting up and not the coil or plugs
                                When I bought the car, I was told it was a PNP unit, but it wasn't. I don't understand some of the specs of it, but Whodwho says it's a standard MS2 v3. If I could have done it over, I would have just bought a PNP unit from him and not had the issues I had.

Comment

Working...
                                X