Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Alpina Tribute ( Now with turbo power)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

Dude, you gotta redo that valve cover. It looks like Stevie Wonder painted those ribs.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Alpina Tribute (now rebuilding engine)

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Dude, you gotta redo that valve cover. It looks like Stevie Wonder painted those ribs.

It will happen. I gotta fix some paint on it anyways after it scuffed on firewall during install. I decided I'm gonna sand them down to bare metal and leave them and then fix the paint around it. Better then redoing the whole thing. I will probably fix it when I check the valve train over in 500 miles with the first oil change.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Went out and put the harness over the motor. And radiator in. I need to go over pics and figure out how i had my ps lines and cooling system rigged up. I got most of ps except the high pressure the only way i could get it to mount interfered with the steering column. Cooling lines are a fucking mess and gonna take a little while. Also tried to out exhaust back on and it wont go back on in anyway shape or form I have two options. Cut it and weld it back up under the car or take it some place and have down pipes made from scratch to fit the car that can be taken in and out easily. Whats funny is i pulled motor i knew id run into this problem with exhaust.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Went out there and got my exhaust sorted out just need to hit up BMW for some nuts for manifolds then i will bolt it all in place for now its just "mocked" up per say. Then i got all my cooling lines figured out but kinda having a full retard moment. I forgot which side of the thermostat the black rubber ring goes haha and realoem is confusing me also lost my super small hose clamp once i get those two things taken care of i can fill cooling system. I got motor wired up beside distributor cause im waiting to gwt exhaust all done cause its easier to mess with it. When the plug wires etc are not in the way. Also got my ps issue fixed and that system filled and bled. BTW Timemachine you done goof'd up not putting in a e36 rack just turning it on stands feels so much better.If all goes well i can probably fire it up tomorrow night after work.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You kids and all your new steering racks. There was a time men drove cars.

Everything else looks great. I am no where near that level .. tons of gardening, landscape lighting and general Harry Homeowner.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
              You kids and all your new steering racks. There was a time men drove cars.

Everything else looks great. I am no where near that level .. tons of goggardening, landscape lighting and general Harry Homeowner.

Haha have fun with all that.

Well I went back out to the shop and did some more work. I finished exhaust up just need to put on the copper nuts when i get them. But a new problem has risen. My water pump is leaking and it appears to be doing it at the gasket and its brand new so i will have to buy a new gasket and replace it. Other then that its just needs the plug wires put on and the power connected at battery box. Also need to put ground strap on.
              Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 05-30-2016, 05:32 PM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Just grabbed this cheap. Rebuilt already and externally wastegated. Guess even the sun shines on a dogs ass ever once and a while.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Motor is ready to start. It turns over no problems. I tried to start it but it didn't fire so i went home. Then when i got home remembered i pulled fuel pump fuse when i primed system and didn't put it back in I will go out tomorrow pop the fuse in and hopefully fire this beast up.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Well guys after an extensive surgery and long heart transplant. Our patient is alive and making a full recovery.

For some reason my water pump gasket is still leaking even after i put a new one on with a gasket sealer. I had a pretty good puddle of coolant under the car. Im confused as fuck as to how 2 gaskets in a row leak. I even sealed the gasket to the water pump and let it cure then sealed it to the block and let it cure so i have sealant on both sides of my gasket! Other then that I've got a vacuum leak to chase down cause its idling at about 1100. I also need to get a new alt tension nut mine stripped and my temp fix isn't holding the belt isn't working and it has lost tension.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Just need to fix those issues. Get it licensed and then drive the shit out of it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

sounds like it's probably not your water pump gasket that's leaking. I'd suspect the hoses going into the water distribution block, or the gasket between that block and the head.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        sounds like it's probably not your water pump gasket that's leaking. I'd suspect the hoses going into the water distribution block, or the gasket between that block and the head.

I will have to check. Nothing seemed to be coming from up there. I could see a puddle of coolant just under water pump on the lower timing cover. And then it drips down the block onto the ground from there.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

:)

Very nice and sounds so good. You have put a ton of work into this car and it show. Love the alpina front on this car!
                          jm

Comment

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Alpina Tribute the never ending saga

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                            Very nice and sounds so good. You have put a ton of work into this car and it show. Love the alpina front on this car!

jm

Thank you.

I went back out to shop cause I left my wallet there. While I was there I noticed the bottom hose on the junction block wasnt on all the way. I put that on all the way and tightened it up. I cleaned up the coolant before and checked it after to notice coolant still there. My junction block seal was fine. So either i had left over coolant and it dribbled down to leave the pool i had. Or my water pump is still leaking. Its a good sizes puddle under the car.

The coolant is pooling between those two bolts and then dribbling down the block onto alternator bracket and oil pan and then to floor. I will give it a day or two so it all dries up and see if it still have a mess. I wont pull water pump until i got tensioner for the v belt.

Also made sure all my vac lines were connect and clamped. They are. So idk why my idle is high. Valves were adjusted on the cam with .008 go .010 no go

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Went out to shop today and put on my third water pump gasket. This one should hold its oe from bmw and i let the rtv seal longer then the 5-10 min cure time the tube said. I let it go for about 4-5 hours. I put the idler pulley on for alt now the V belt has proper tension. I also adjusted the valves and man that made a world of difference the cyl 1 intake was off and cly 2 exhaust. I adjusted them and it on fire up the idle immediately sounded better with no tick. I just gotta figure out the damn vac leak now. I also figure out this hose was also part issue with coolant leak. When i pulled water pump i could see where coolant breeched the gasket/rtv

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Got the hose replaced so all coolant leaks are taken care of. I got my insurance card, tomorrow I will bleed cooling system and take it on its maiden voyage. I also found out the whistle noise the car makes is the intake pipe I pulled air filter off and could hear it. So I'm not really sure what the deal is with the idle then. hopefully have it licensed next week.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X