'88 325is M30 street car-->S54 -->S50 -->M54 Enduro Race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
    Oh and I also bought some wheels I'm quite excited about, not going to run the M-systems on the e30 anymore. I bought a set of concave BBS RC302's
    I'll trade you my strut housings for those M-systems :)
    -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
      I'll trade you my strut housings for those M-systems :)
      Oh damn. I would do that but the M-systems are on the m5 and I bought the RC's for the e30. I'd need to buy another set of wheels and buy stuff to go inside the strut housings, can't do it. I'm about to get brakes, and that's going to max out my budget for this project

Pics coming soon, just got some hardware and got the engine on a stand. Time to start taking stuff off.
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

- '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

^LOL

I've been working on getting the engine bay ready for paint, last night my friend brought his welder over and we made some bottom brackets for the radiator, I had to cut these out the run the e28 radiator I was using with the m30. The Z3M radiator I'm using mounts just like an e30 radiator it seems.

Obligatory welding shot

My wheels also showed up today, I've always loved these wheels and I'm really excited to get them mounted. They are concave, low offset RC's that have been milled to et30, perfect for running with adapters on an e30. I'm really hoping I can fit some 235/40's with these! Thanks to GK-E30M3 for the smooth transaction and fantastic wheels

Engine bay is will probably be painted this weekend, I'm just waiting on the call. I'm also getting my oil pan baffle welded in tomorrow at work and am also sending a bunch of stuff off to the anodizer. I'm going to do black anodized on most stuff in the engine bay and possibly clear anodized on the wheels
            Last edited by Jb325is; 02-26-2014, 05:01 PM.
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

^LOL

I've been working on getting the engine bay ready for paint, last night my friend brought his welder over and we made some bottom brackets for the radiator, I had to cut these out the run the e28 radiator I was using with the m30. The Z3M radiator I'm using mounts just like an e30 radiator it seems.

Obligatory welding shot

My wheels also showed up today, I've always loved these wheels and I'm really excited to get them mounted. They are concave, low offset RC's that have been milled to et30, perfect for running with adapters on an e30. I'm really hoping I can fit some 235/40's with these! Thanks to GK-E30M3 for the smooth transaction and fantastic wheels

Engine bay is will probably be painted this weekend, I'm just waiting on the call. I'm also getting my oil pan baffle welded in tomorrow at work and am also sending a bunch of stuff off to the anodizer. I'm going to do black anodized on most stuff in the engine bay and possibly clear anodized on the wheels
              Those wheels are going to look fantastic. How thick are the adapters?

And more shots of the engine bay please!

Comment

Edit: not the same wheels at all... just jumped the gun a bit...

Nice setup! just ordered those wheels as well, you should be able to tuck 235s in there with a slight pull depending on the thickness of the spacer.

Just mounted myne up on tuesday for mock test fit...

running star specs, so they tend to run around 10mm wider for reference, however I have e36 Ti rear control arms as well...

Great looking car man! Am also very jealous of your new powerplant.
                DD: 06 ZSP 330i
                Non DD: 91 332is slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by Schwartz-e30 View Post
                  however I have e36 Ti rear control arms as well...
                  What do the Ti control arms do for you? Just the 5 lug swap?

Comment

Adapters are 18mm, no more pics of the engine bay yet, hopefully this weekend it'll be ready to go

Schwarz e30.. Are those the 17x9 apex? I'm guessing so by the way the star specs fit, looks really good! I think I'm going to go with those tires as well. My final offset is et12 though, so it'll be tight. I bought these wheels because they are the low offset RC's, but the back pad was milled to et30, so perfect for what I'm doing. I plan on buying 4 lug Apex's for the track though, can't bring myself to track a car with adapters on it
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Just noticed your door handles. Nice
                      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks man! They are the 17x9 apex's in et30. The rear trailing arms are there for 5-lug and potential for a custom big"er" brake kit.

I hear you on the hessitation of running adapters on the track.

Your set up is gonna be great. Nice and tight but flush as hell.
                        DD: 06 ZSP 330i
                        Non DD: 91 332is slicktop

Comment

Thanks!

Started cleaning up the motor today. I got it from up north and even though it's an '06 the salt really kicked its ass. I spent most of today cleaning and painting, it's still not perfect but the car is not going to be a show car, its just clean enough that I won't get pissed off working on it because it's dirty. Oil pan is still gross because its coming off, I've actually changed my mind and I will be keeping the s54 oil pan, and I'm going to have Tyler @ Arc Asylum notch the pan and modify the subframe. I changed my mind because a friend of mine was urging me to do more research into oil starvation on s50/2 track cars, and what I found is that people are still having issues with starvation on long rights and under braking even with trap-door baffles, and that most of these people are paying the money to buy s54 stuff to solve the problem. It just doesn't make sense to me to take off the dual pick-up pump to put on something that just isn't as good. On a street car, I don't think it will make a difference, the m50 pan/etc should be fine, but I plan to track my car as much as I possibly can and I don't feel like taking the chance.

Air and fuel rails were gross!

Polished both rails and cleaned the injectors (also disgusting)

Clean and painted, I used duplicolor metallic black engine block paint.
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Going to replace the rod bearings/bolts?
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              Going to replace the rod bearings/bolts?
                              I'm thinking I should, I'll have the oil pan off with the crank right in my face, not planning on that happening again for a while.
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Baller status dude, needs vids @ 8k.
                                I have an S54 header flange if you ever get the itch..
                                Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X