No announcement yet.

Wishno's E30 DD project thread V.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that my hardtop I see? Hah, sorry I haven't had time to come down and pick it up.

Comment

That gauge cluster?....Ooooh snap! - I want. I found my [cabrio] deck spoiler too,...'sub'd ;)
      it's an E30.......sigpic
      Originally posted by D...
      How the hell did I miss this? Must be cause I was reading some guys Cavalier build.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewguy View Post
        Is that my hardtop I see? Hah, sorry I haven't had time to come down and pick it up.
        Lol yes it is. Don't worry it's not going anywhere. Come by when you have time.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So I'm getting ready to install a rebuilt vanos and associated tensioners, chain guides and spring plates. While I'm in there I'm also doing S50 cams. My question to you guys is if I have pink top 21lb injectors would it hurt to throw them in? I know they won't be used to their full potential but would it be worthwhile?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Forgot to post these pics last summer and just recently found them. So have at it!

Got all the stuff out.

Pulling the rad.

Had a friend come by to help with the cams/timing

The old vanos unit.

Chop!

Pulling the old cams

New cams in. My friend who was taking pictures for me had to leave so thats all I have. Everything went well though and I drove it home a few hours later.

Comment

nice work
              can you explain the tool being used here
              It allows even pressure to be put on the cam since its hollow?

-
              Project
              Parts for Sale
              Feedback
              YouTube Channel

Comment

Wishno's E30 DD project thread V.2

Correct. It holds down all the bearings caps so you can loosen them

You can also remove the cam without it by rotating the cam to a sweet spot where only the cylinder 1 springs are compressed, then removing all the caps except cyl 1 and then slowly loosening the cyl 1 cap
                Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-14-2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Did you build that cam tool?
                  IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
                    Did you build that cam tool?
                    No I think it was originally sold by pelican parts or turner. There is a picture out there somewhere. I had my dad make me a copy while I had that one though. Been working well so far.
                    You don't really need it to remove cams but it's nice to have when putting them back in.

Comment

Working...
                    X