• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous!

Glad you decided to fix it..

Comment

Hey digger any updates on that 3.3 bro?
      Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Hey mate, looking good. The dash is not that bad. I have done a couple. How's the new stroker build going?
        Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
        2000 M5 Winter beater
        1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
        1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

cheers, have to get a wear patch repaired in the carpet near clutch pedal and fix a few broken speakers while dash is out so not looking forward to it

its coming along just a record slow pace (new job means less free time). contemplating making a new airbox and getting a new haltech E2000 ECU before engine goes in.
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I'd like to give You a big respect for what you've done, the research, but most of all - that you've shared your knowledge and findings here! Thank you, good luck with the build, and I hope to see more!

Comment

I’m still dying to see if the 3.3 crank will fit in the m20.

sigpic

Comment

fits no problem, just need a modified intermediate shaft. im getting a custom one as the stock one gets weak when you machine too much off the depth so not looking to risk it
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Epic. Good to know thanks

sigpic

Comment

Impressive

Just looked through your build.
                    Deeply impressed with all your knowledge. And perfect for me to study.

I have a 1987 325is with m20b30 running E85 and RHD itb’s.

Bought it with the engine built, but the former owner was not able to finish it.
                    Working with the tune, fuel delivery and installing vacuum system and proper air box intake.

I will study this thread closely.

Unfortunately I live slightly farther away from Rama than you, since I am located in Sweden.
                    Possibly the only e30 running RHD itb in the country.

Keep up the amazing work!

Comment

thanks

what cam are you going to be running?

Comment

What pistons/cam combo are you using for the b33
                        -E30 323i 1983
                        -Honda CB250n 1980

sigpic

Comment

I'll be ordering some custom Pistons shortly around 11.5:1 CR

Cam will be the RHD roller cam. 292 advertised duration 110 LSA 13mm lift

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

You're using a S52 crank (89.6mm Stroke) , correct ?

If thats true, what Bore is the 11.5:1 piston? Are you running thin on the cylinder walls yet?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The stroke is 93.80mm and bore is 86.00mm so its 3,269 cc (199 CI)

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

Is the 11.5CR pistons the highest compression you could go coupled with the 292 cams?

I've been in thought putting the pieces together for a 3L stroker (s50 86mm crank, s50 135mm rods, catcams 1300530 camshaft, CP 85mm 12:1 pistons, supporting valvetrain mods, ITB's down the road)

Not sure if the cams ive selected would be too big for my car being a daily.

Your build is coming along nice though. Cant wait to see how it turns out
                                -E30 323i 1983
                                -Honda CB250n 1980

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X