No announcement yet.

The '80s did it better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Volvo lip looks pretty cool. I might have to go prowl some junk yards.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
      Some of my stickers... Though not even nearly all of them. Becausescenekid

I keep forcing myself to not buy so many stickers because something tells me buying food might be more important...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
        That Volvo lip looks pretty cool. I might have to go prowl some junk yards.
        Do it! They came off 240/ 245 Volvos and whatever else.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        I keep forcing myself to not buy so many stickers because something tells me buying food might be more important...
        I'd rather not think about the amount of money I've wasted on sticky paper.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

man the No Good Racing sticker is old school kanjo loop. I wan it.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Mmmmmm Mission BBQ.

Comment

What's the MisaMisa one say? At least I think it's MisaMisa anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                What's the MisaMisa one say? At least I think it's MisaMisa anyway...
                It's a DreamRoom sticker, super cool company!

Go here be happy!

Comment

So

New alternator and a spare, ruined Bosch one we had sitting around.

Impact made a quick job of removing the bolt from the old one, then some prying to remove the rest of the fan/ pulley assembly and it's on the new one!

Now just to swap the ground cable, super easy, one bolt. Didn't like how exposed and ratty the cable looked, so some wire wrap and half a minute later...

About half an hour later, It's in!

Now, does it all work? It does! (this is with HID's and CB radio on, as well as 2 amps and a phone charging)

Now, the day after doing this, heading to a small meet, a fairly loud, metal on metal click/ hitting noise started from my engine. Eh, valves out of spec, hadn't been done in a while, employed a friend who had done so many times before to take care of them.

After all that, it was still there. And getting louder with every drive, I started to look into things and it seems to be either VERY severe piston slap, or more likely, wrist pin failure/ knock. Going to pick a new engine up this weekend.

On the bright side, my new arrived, so there's that.

Go here be happy!

Comment

is that stephen's old wheel?

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                      is that stephen's old wheel?
                      I did buy it from Rennstall, but I don't believe it actually is. Mine has(As far as I can tell looking at pictures) far more wear near the thumb area.

Go here be happy!

Comment

So while I was waiting at my friends house to run and get the new engine, I decided to tackle a few things that have always bothered me. While my carpet certainly needs a re-dye after a year or so of heavy use, the only two things making my interior "incomplete" anymore was the drivers side kick/ speaker panel and the knee panel.

So I went about installing those, just a few bolts and a world of difference!

So anyway, went and looked at the engine, bought it and brought it back to the house. It's a bit dirty, but it's (mostly) complete and the price from a good friend was right. It will be entirely refreshed( I hate to overuse the word "rebuilt") minus the very bottom end.

All that I really managed to get done last night was get it on the stand, remove the wiring harness and A/c condenser.

Go here be happy!

Comment

omg... I didn't realize how much nicer the early model knee panel is compared to the piece of shit late model one that I always want to light on fire when I have to re-install it with the airbag bs...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I just wish mine wasn't in such crappy condition. The other issue is I've had to cut it up quite a bit around the pedals. I had to take 2-3" or so off as my feet ALWAYS use to get caught on it, drove me crazy.

Go here be happy!

Comment

HI FRIEND!!! this better be at h20...BECAUSE MY CAR WILL FINILY BE DONE...after 3 years of no e30...
                              Originally posted by Erick
                              Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force.

Comment

Theres supposed to be a large plastic clip on the lower steering column. Holds up the rear of the knee bolster.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X