Slammin's circle jerk....it's dyno'd!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slammin's circle jerk....it's dyno'd!!

Just skip to post #188.....everything from here to there is bullshit.

Many of you know of my failed endeavor with my black 'vert with the argyle hood. Well....I'm back in topless business.

Long story short, someone posted this car on the FB group. It was in town, and cheap. Emailed the guy, and got a reply, got on the phone. 8 hours later, with the help of my friend Paul, the car was on a trailer sitting in front of the shop I work.

1991 318i, Laguna on beige. Pretty typical. 171k. Crack free dash, interior is 99%, just some minor issues with the seats, but nothing to warrant replacement. Will need a top, but the window is still in tact, so I'll patch the top for now.

Plans.....well...hmm....the M42 is popped. SO I'll be doubling the size of the powerplant and adding a gear to the transmission. My Lachs car is going to be going to E30 heaven, as the 'vert is a much better starting point for my M60/6 shenanigans. No rust, practically perfect interior, crack free dash.....

I feel good about this one. Nice, clean starting point. Really won't have to bring it up in anyway but mechanically.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 01-19-2015, 10:46 AM.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

less talky, more M42 pull-y out-y

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
      Gonna start pulling all the ancillary stuff out tonight. ;)

I did re-key the glove box to match the main key, and repaired the latch so it works.

Comment

Good base don't let it go. I wanna see this m60 get dropped in.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Hey I think this is the one I posted to the FB group, glad to see someone isn't just saving it, but turning it into a beast
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post

Everything is unhooked, save the clutch hydraulics, driveshaft, and the shifter.

Otherwise, ready to pull.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Good base don't let it go. I wanna see this m60 get dropped in.
            This one is a keeper, definitely.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
            Hey I think this is the one I posted to the FB group, glad to see someone isn't just saving it, but turning it into a beast
            Thanks for posting it! I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post

Everything is unhooked, save the clutch hydraulics, driveshaft, and the shifter.

Otherwise, ready to pull.

l
              Awesome!!

Comment

Keep it up! Hope to see you prepping the bay/car by the end of the weekend. Always wanted a vert in this color!
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  Keep it up! Hope to see you prepping the bay/car by the end of the weekend. Always wanted a vert in this color!
                  I would be, but it's my kid's 1st birthday, so I'll be engaged in that.

Going to "shave" the bay, paint it, etc. Don't need all those brackets in there for the v8.

Comment

Fuck yeah. I understand.

Just moved into a new house and havn't even gotten to spend time working on cars in the garage, or even do anything really other then work at work, then work at home. Fresh paint and Carpet is nice though!

Havn't followed a V8 build yet, interested to see how you tackle it!
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Long story short, someone posted this car on the FB group. It was in town, and cheap. Emailed the guy, and got a reply, got on the phone. 8 hours later, with the help of my friend Paul, the car was on a trailer sitting in front of the shop I work.
                      You beat me to it. I really needed it for parts but even better to see you restoring it to glory.

I'll be following along intently.
                      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

In for this.

Comment

Subscribed.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                            In for this.
                            I've always wanted a Laguna car, but now that I have one.....and every time I see your car....I want Calypso.

UGH.

Oh well. I'll try to do the Laguna justice. Will need to get the hood and right fender painted/repaired. Nice little ding that looks like it was fixed once, but it's coming apart. Hood obviously the clear is coming off.....but that is very last on the list. Making it go fast is more importanter.

Began taking the airbag column out to swap for non-airbag for my Wilwood pedals. Going to wait until the engine is out to finish up as I need to steer it into the shop.

Contemplating how I want to do my core support. Goal is to make the entire front modular, so I can unplug one plug, a few bolts, then two people can slide the entire assembly off. We'll see. My friend is an engineer, so we'll work something out really cool.

Comment

I've always wanted a Laguna car, but now that I have one.....and every time I see your car....I want Calypso.

UGH.
                              You know how it is. You get the girl friend which huge tits and suddenly her legs aren't long enough, and her ass is too small.

Get the girl with a killer ass and the tits aren't any good.

I've always wanted a Laguna, Calypso, and Alpine II. You can't ever have it all, at least we both got one we wanted.

I can't wait to see what you do with it, it will be far my bad ass than my calypso when it's done I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X