Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boosty 30... track day, fun car (Now with a new owner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the first start!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kB5a3K8vk

I forgot to calibrate MS to the 42# injecters and it still thought they were 19#. So it died. Once I fixed it, it ran better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnE8aWJsoDo
    sigpic
    Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
    88 Alpine 325i
    1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Problems :(

So I got the exhaust on it. Sounds good at idle. Haven't been able to rev it up because it is on a bad tune. One to just get it running.

So I took it to Carburetor Connection in Kirkland to get it Dyno tuned. Great guys. Lots of knowledge and highly recommend them. Especially if you have a big V8 or any american muscle. They were working on everything.

All hooked up! Super pumped/nervous, because this was the test to see if a screwed up anything. And I did.

So what would happen is when it would r3v up it would hit 3700 RPM and the go crazy. Back fire, pop, bad news. When you'd watch the fuel map, the RPM dot would go up steady as it should and at 3700, start jumping back and forth between where it should be and super lean. We tried diagnosing it in MS, but nothing. I had a spare MS at home and while they were waiting to hear from the MS guy I grabbed it that night so we could see if it was car problem or ECU problem. Nothing changed and had same problem, so it was car side. I didn't want to pay them to try and figure it out, so I towed it home. They said check all electrical sensors and plugs, CPS, etc.

And here is what I found :(

I forgot to put the plastic cover back on the CPS and Spark sensor and the alternator belt cut into the CPS and ground it to the wire.

Replaced that and r3ved it to 4500 RPM no problem. Looks like that fixed it. So I made another appointment for this Friday to go back and get it tuned. Fingers crossed.
      sigpic
      88 Alpine 325i
      1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Bonus picture of a SEMA car they were working on.

#eleanorshottersister was the sticker on it.
        sigpic
        88 Alpine 325i
        1/2 88 325iX

Comment

So I picked up a new coolant tank, because mine was to long, and since I have an early model the tank gets in the way of everything. Its off a Mini Cooper I believe, but works great so far.

The bottom hose attachment was slightly to small, so duct tape to the rescue!! haha

And here it is in the bay. Fits much better. Also you can see I moved the coil off of the intake. Which will cut down the vibrations.

This is when I test fit a different coil wire I took off an E34 wire set. Wanted to make sure it worked before I cut the stock on off. (Which is why it is tied up currently)
          sigpic
          88 Alpine 325i
          1/2 88 325iX

Comment

cool build man! I had the same issue with my crank position sensor... caused all kinds of idle problems
            Paynemw
            1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
            the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
            1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Working...
            X