Classic Daily 2002 SR20 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYSE30 View Post
    So I stumble upon this thread as I am finishing assembly on my built sr20det for my '91 s13 hatch. So tempting to just drop it in my E30 but I'm fighting it cause id need more$$$$ Then I'd have to do an Ls1 swap in my Nissan. Which requires more$$$$. And I still haven't finished my high compressioned itb'd S2000 build yet either which needs more$$$. These problems gentlemen, occur when you now have an 8 month old that requires wayy more$$$$$$$!!!! But the 8 month old also requires hot cars right? OP it is your job/build to convince me to follow in your footsteps with this swap

hehe ok I'll do my best
    www.classicdaily.net
    1970 m42 swapped 2002
    1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Originally posted by NYSE30 View Post
      So I stumble upon this thread as I am finishing assembly on my built sr20det for my '91 s13 hatch. So tempting to just drop it in my E30 but I'm fighting it cause id need more$$$$ Then I'd have to do an Ls1 swap in my Nissan. Which requires more$$$$. And I still haven't finished my high compressioned itb'd S2000 build yet either which needs more$$$. These problems gentlemen, occur when you now have an 8 month old that requires wayy more$$$$$$$!!!! But the 8 month old also requires hot cars right? OP it is your job/build to convince me to follow in your footsteps with this swap
      shit you have alot of projects all at once.
      an 8 month old requires formula and boosted cars.
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
        shit you have alot of projects all at once.
        an 8 month old requires formula and boosted cars.

And many many sets of tires.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          And diapers. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of diapers.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Now THATS a picture I wanna see
            Originally posted by dvck
            I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
              Now THATS a picture I wanna see

That would be a epic picture haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Really need to keep these threads updated.

Anyway...intercooler bits worked out.

Also seeing as this is going to make a good deal of power and the owner wants to drive it VERY hard the stock 2002 small case diff isn't going to be very happy about that we are working up a solution to install e30 trailing arms, axles and a diff into an 02.

Here are some pics of the process so far.

Build a jig for the 2002 bits.

Setting e30 parts in...

bending some pipe...

connecting the dots

www.classicdaily.net
                1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Awesome.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

nice choice on the s15 sr! Should be a blast to drive

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

super cool work!
                      sigpic

Comment

I love the custom rear setup, looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                          Man that looks fun.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

You should be able to make a ton of those rear subframes! Seems like a common problem everyone has when the start making real power with an 02
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Subframe had to be redesigned...the driveshaft didn't clear it. Chopped the middle out and put in a square box. will have more work done on it tomorrow..
                              www.classicdaily.net
                              1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

I really need to keep these thread updated. Need to get into some sort of routine to update them. Anyway...here is an update.

Custom e30 rear all installed.

A couple pictures of just the e30 rear

All new bearings, bushings, etc went into the rear end before it went in.
                                Frozen hubs before going together

Engine bay going all black

Welded the internal wastegate flapper

Turbo mounted for the last time

3" downpipe took a little effort...

3" Exhaust

Engine bay getting closer

Engine is all wired, brake system is almost done, driveshaft in, fuel system 95% done. Getting close to running. Will keep things a bit more updated.
                                www.classicdaily.net
                                1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X