No announcement yet.

M30 OEM Turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could certainly leave the space empty, that's very true. My hope with this thing was to 1) give myself some kind of structure to which I can apply the mesh screen, and 2) help funnel air where I need it.

The 745i actually put the IC behind the valance, technically outside of the engine bay. So different setup.

Comment

The weather was amazing this weekend so I figured it was a good time to throw some paint on my new reinforced subframe, oil catch can, and passenger side motor mount arm. After scrubbing thoroughly with degreaser and a scotchbrite pad, I hit everything with a medium coat of self-etching primer and then 2 coats of satin black.

Comment

This thread delivers.

Comment

Finished subframe and motor mount

Finished catch can/breather. Paint got a bit heavy on the cap but I'm not complaining. My goal is to have most parts in the engine bay either OEM white (all the OEM metal, brackets, etc), wrinkle black (valve cover, manifold, charge pipes), or brushed silver (accents, raised lettering, roundels, custom brackets).

Comment

Looking good did Otis make that custom mount?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yep. He was super helpful!

Which also means I have a spare passenger side mount arm if anyone needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                Anyone have any ideas? I'm kind of scratching my head at the moment.
                Just say fuck it

Seriously though, I've always liked inlets built into headlights. Unfortunately that's not really possible in an e30...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Remove one head light?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Remove one head light?
                    That's what I'm leaning towards. Just take the highbeam out and leave it out.

Dunno, I'll probably pick up a spare bucket and start hacking away at it with the dremel, see what I can come up with. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      That's what I'm leaning towards. Just take the highbeam out and leave it out.

Dunno, I'll probably pick up a spare bucket and start hacking away at it with the dremel, see what I can come up with. Why not?
                      do that and run no high beam until your satisfied with your creation haha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Could eventually run some ducting from a brake duct from the front end to the air filter/ airbox. Something I'm considering doing in the near future, while maintaining all four headlights.

Comment

My VDO gauges came today. Yes, they're in metric units, and for two good reasons.

1) everything else on the car is in metric, such as the thermostats and switches. I don't want to constantly be doing the math in my head.
                          2) As someone who deals with both measurement systems on a daily basis, I can say that imperial/standard/US is fucking terrible and far less intuitive. Metric FTW.

Comment

Amen to that dude. I hate the U.S. System especially when it comes to measurements

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

YA SAE sucks.

Metric FTW.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Where did you pick up the sensors for the oil temp and pressure? I plan on adding those on my car in the future.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X