X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea man.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

M30 OEM Turbo project

On to other wiring. I wired up and mounted my LC2 controller in to the glove box. Once the actual sensor is installed and the cable ran, I can tidy up the slack.

I also installed the George Graves A/F display and controller

Next I installed the boost controller on to the old bracket that used to hold the airbag sensor

And reinstalled the catch/breather can

Then I started working on the oil feed line. -4AN line and fittings. Here's the adapter for the turbo inlet:

And the 90* elbow for the turbo end:

The feed end is just a standard straight

And here it is all assembled with the heat shielding

Here's the turbo side attached (I also heat wrapped the boost controller line, just in case)

And the feed end (hard to see since I reinstalled the diagnostic port, I forgot to take a picture as I was doing it)

The line itself runs along the strut tower brace

I had to move the alarm to the passenger side

And I was able to mount the coil where the alarm used to go. I hate the bunch of wires that's here, but there's not much I can do about it. Seriously, I bet m70 swaps have more room to work with than this.

All that's left to do is tidy up some wiring, and it's ready for exhaust!

Comment

Where did you get your lines and shielding? Looks x10 better then oem m106 lines.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I bought it all from Summit. I can post up part numbers if needed.

Also, I need to take better pictures these ipotato shots are terrible on a big computer screen. If I can get some free time this weekend I'll roll the beast outside and grab the DSLR.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            I bought it all from Summit. I can post up part numbers if needed.

Also, I need to take better pictures these ipotato shots are terrible on a big computer screen. If I can get some free time this weekend I'll roll the beast outside and grab the DSLR.

I figured it was summit but wasn't sure.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Ya. It was a little tricky because of the M12x1.0 on the turbo side, and the 1/8" NPT on the other. So each side required an adapter to go to AN threads, and then the hose ends attached to those. So total was 5 pieces (plus the heat shielding) to make it work, which rang up to $110

But it's super clean, wont' leak, won't melt, won't fail, and well fuck it... this isn't a budget build anyway

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                Ya. It was a little tricky because of the M12x1.0 on the turbo side, and the 1/8" NPT on the other. So each side required an adapter to go to AN threads, and then the hose ends attached to those. So total was 5 pieces (plus the heat shielding) to make it work, which rang up to $110

But it's super clean, wont' leak, won't melt, won't fail, and well fuck it... this isn't a budget build anyway

Lmao turbo and budget can never be used in same sentence.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

True, but I wasn't expecting that much $ for what amounts to 4 nuts/bolts and some plastic hose....

Comment

I'm so close on this I can taste it. I literally have 2 wires to connect and then it can go to the exhaust shop! So close

Comment

why are you posting on the internet about it, go and do it!
                      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Sooo whens it going to exhuast shop?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

This thread delivers. As an engineer having worked in the auto industry, I love the OEM theme. Keep up the insane work.
                          Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

OEM heaven. Love the commitment.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

I took a bit of time last night to tidy up some wiring and fix a couple of issues. I'd say I'm 99% ready for the exhaust shop at this point!! So excited! Still on the list are:

- Re-mount and wire in alarm horn (hood would not close with it being located on the passenger side fender)
                              - Figure out why my engine fan suddenly works on low speed but not high?
                              - Order new underhood insulation, 3-piece style instead of 1-piece (http://www.classic9leathershop.com/b...-set-3-pieces/)
                              - Fab/install passenger side motor mount heat shield
                              - WASH IT (6 months of grit/grime from shop activities has settled all over)
                              - Re-up my AAA policy so I can get it towed to the exhaust shop :)

Comment

Getting there! Do you know if your modified arm will fit on a b34 block ? If so I'll have Otis make me up one.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X