Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 rebuild + goodies swap - DD / autox Journey

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    did some more researching. One I got looks like an e28 tool kit?

I think they are the same form factor. The one I got is from a junkyard e34. Most of the tools were rusted or missing so I supplemented the missing stuff and cleaned the rusted ones with a wire wheel. The e34 had a warning triangle which took up a bunch of space and I don't see myself ever using it in the states.

I'm not familiar with the contents of the other kits but I think they would be similar.

E34 looks like this

Note the large area for the triangle

Comment

Yea. Looks like the e28 kit holds most of the same stuff plus a couple other items. Here's the e28 kit with everything in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

How bad was your engine ticking ? My S50 almost sounds like an M20 (a quiet m20) at idle . It's been like this forever though I've put 35,000 miles on the engine with it like this . But maybe I should look into replacing the oil pump ?
        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
          How bad was your engine ticking ? My S50 almost sounds like an M20 (a quiet m20) at idle . It's been like this forever though I've put 35,000 miles on the engine with it like this . But maybe I should look into replacing the oil pump ?
          It wasn't bad bad, it was more like a light ticking that sounded like it came from 1-2 lifters. It really bothered me considering the motor was just rebuilt. I don't know if it was really cause for concern. I might have solved my problem just because I switched to rotella t6 - I changed the pump and the oil brand at the same time.

I wouldn't say that the oil pump is necessarily something that requires replacing at xxx mileage, or that it is necessarily the problem in your case. It could be, but there are a handful of other causes that could lead to ticking. In my case, I knew for a fact the oil pump was a little worn when I installed it, so that was my first point to tackle.
          Shadetree30

Comment

Shadetree30

Comment

nice additions to the car.
              Originally posted by dvck
              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Got door lock rebuild kits so I can lock/unlock the car again. It was long overdue. Also placed an order through the stealership for a brand new cut vin-matched key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the door locks from?

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                  nice additions to the car.
                  Thanks!
                  Originally posted by MakoE30318i View Post
                  Where did you get the door locks from?
                  Ebay. I think I just searched it or found p/ns on another diy thread for doorlock rebuild. They were like $30-40 per kit oem bmw. Also very simple to rebuild.
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                      SI shift lights (on order), odometer repair (on order), semi-gloss gauge rings and red needles still on the docket for the cluster.

tell me more about this you bronzit lover
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        tell me more about this you bronzit lover
                        hehehehehe I am excited for that one.. It was delivered today as a matter of fact. DAMMIT I can't believe I scheduled a haircut without checking the tracking on that first. I'll post some pictures tonight. Don't think I'll have time to install it though.

Here's the thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=335264

It's a pretty slick product. Fully and almost excessively programmable and totally worth the price IMO. They have some other products and some stuff in the works that looks pretty cool too.

And yes. I am a bronzit lover. No hiding that now
                        Shadetree30

Comment

I was wondering what are the little metal tube you put on the exhaust?

Comment

damn that shiftlight is awesome...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Here are the electronics for the shift lights. Probably won't get around to installing until the weekend or next week.

Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                                I was wondering what are the little metal tube you put on the exhaust?

Sorry I haven't gotten around to captioning the pictures. It's a homemade crankcase exhaust evacuation kit. I was unhappy with the design of the off the shelf kits so I made my own. It still needs some tweaking though, either to the device or to the actual exhaust itself. I'll get to it.

Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X