Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

From very humble beginnings this car (and myself) have come a long way. You just inspired me to start rereading my own build thread! So much I don't really remember, what a journey it's been. Thanks!
    The beauty of build threads!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The attention to detail in this thread is astonishing. What an epic journey! The wiring harness work is absolutely amazing.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
        Time to do some axle rebuilds. As a reminder, I had all of the components cryo treated in an attempt to give them a bit more strength rather than upgrade to the $1500+ kit. In hindsight I should have just bought a pair of axles from FCP and gotten myself on the lifetime warranty train.

Garagistic bushings don’t fit properly… look at the aluminum bushing race poking out the bottom…

Garagistic bushing fitment with the bracket installed. Theres a 8mm gap between bracket and bushing. Frustrating.
        I hopped on that train for my engine rebuild. So far I've had to use the warranty a few times for big and little things, and I'm very glad I did. I admire your determination to rebuild axles though, that's a lot of work!

The poor fitment is surprising, seems like an easy thing for them to measure and get right in the first place. Have you contacted them? I mean what's the point of tightening the bolt against the sleeve, it's supposed to compress the poly bushing, right?

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

The beauty of build threads!
          indeed.

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
          The attention to detail in this thread is astonishing. What an epic journey! The wiring harness work is absolutely amazing.
          Thanks!! The harness was a big challenge but I'm happy with the result.

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

I hopped on that train for my engine rebuild. So far I've had to use the warranty a few times for big and little things, and I'm very glad I did. I admire your determination to rebuild axles though, that's a lot of work!

The poor fitment is surprising, seems like an easy thing for them to measure and get right in the first place. Have you contacted them? I mean what's the point of tightening the bolt against the sleeve, it's supposed to compress the poly bushing, right?
          I'll remember the FCP deal next time. The axle rebuilds were a lot more work than I remember them being. This is the 3rd time I've done a set, and was by far the most methodical.

Regarding the poor garagistic bushing fit - I don't understand it either. Yes I did contact them but they didn't have much to say really. Seemed like they were also stumped. I am fairly certain that it's a design flaw. The AKG bushings which were in prior fit fine and it was clear when comparing the two side to side where the issue would arise. Ultimately I just modified the bushings to fit and moved on. They asked for more measurements but I have other things I need to work on now.
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
          X