Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    Maybe you should get a cheaper car that won't hurt you if it gets beat up, like not modified.
    I know, but then I won't want to drive it maybe a clean m52e36
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

I don't see the point of owning a car you don't enjoy driving.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Glad it's not as bad as it could've been and stoked that you're still looking to make it better than ever.

As an owner of fun 2.7i + 8v auto, slow, reliable, relaxing 190e, it is very nice to have a car for just commutes that lowers your heart rate. But it's only this way because that 190s been with us since it was born. I won't sell it, but I wouldn't go out and buy one just to have a daily. Nor another bimmer, you don't have dull moments in them and then you just end up wanting to build them. I vote keep your 2 race cars and daily the e30 again if you can based on how much fun you'll have driving them.

Comment

jeez. :(

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            Quoted for troof.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              Idk, I built this e30 to be my daily. Maybe it's time to look into getting a replacement DD. An alpine e36m would be nice a nice addition to the family.
              I second this movement. An E36 M3 would be solid. And you wouldnt have to touch it too much, considering its just a daily
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

You guys make some good points. I also agree, doesn't make sense to own a car you don't drive which is why I daily the e30s52 :) maybe an m52 coupe would be the best daily: then I wouldn't even be tempted to mod it outside of suspension.

Regarding the e30, I worked on it yesterday. Replaced the control arm and cut away the rest of the twisted metal and kinda ghetto repaired the harness where it had been messed up. I've got a working passenger headlight and working turn signals now. I bent the valence kinda back into shape enough that it can drive. The hood was a bit buckled; I jumped and sat on it - now its relatiely flush enough. After I bolted the new control arm on, I noticed the "pin" that slides into the lollipop was pushed/inserted about 5-10mm deeper than it was before. Could I have tweaked the front subframe a bit?? I'm crossing my fingers that's it and not the frame. I've got some pictures that I'll post later.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                Shadetree30

Comment

Glad youre getting it back together. :(

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                  Full Product Line Tuning
                  OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I've heard a few people who needed to replace the front subframe when they had a smallish front impact where they tweaked a control arm, so I wouldn't be surprised.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                      Glad youre getting it back together. :(
                      It'll take more than this to keep me down :D
                      Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      I've heard a few people who needed to replace the front subframe when they had a smallish front impact where they tweaked a control arm, so I wouldn't be surprised.
                      That gives me comfort
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Your car is my favorite on all of R3v. I have a petty much stock 89 325i bronzit sedan on borbet H's. When I have the money I will be building the car very to similar yours. Your thread has brought me motivation and many smiles. If I had your car and a Mtech 2 convertible my e30 dreams would be reality. I am glad you're fixing your car!
                        I've been spying a beautiful bronzit coupe on speedhunters. Was your car posted on speedhunters before?

Comment

Remember I have that parts car, if you need any significant parts. Hope to see it back up and going!
                          Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Originally posted by RobDog View Post
                            Your car is my favorite on all of R3v. I have a petty much stock 89 325i bronzit sedan on borbet H's. When I have the money I will be building the car very to similar yours. Your thread has brought me motivation and many smiles. If I had your car and a Mtech 2 convertible my e30 dreams would be reality. I am glad you're fixing your car!
                            I've been spying a beautiful bronzit coupe on speedhunters. Was your car posted on speedhunters before?
                            Thanks man, I really appreciate that! Glad you're supporting the bronzit brotherhood :D

It hasn't been posted anywhere else that I know of, send me the link, I'd like to check it out regardless!
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Copied from the other "damage" thread in general section

Here are more pictures after I cleared away most of the severe damage so I could get a better idea of what I was working with. I cut away most of the really twisted metal so that the tire would be able to move freely. Also repaired the harness so I have working lights and signals again.

Here you can see the sheet metal that's attached to the frame was basically untouched.

Here you can see where the tire got pushed into the back of the wheel well and dented the wheel well in. I was already able to pull it back out a bit with some leverage. I think I'll probably be able to get it back in line once I pull the inner wheel well piece.

More overview of the situation

Hood got buckled a bit. I jumped on it after I closed it and it bent it back enough.

New lemforder arm vs the bent one

Here you can see how much the bumper actually compressed, almost nothing. I guess this really shows that the bumper/frame didn't get much impact.

Back together

"repaired" harness - I'll fix all of it properly when I replace the fender/wheel well.

Shadetree30

Comment

Really sorry to hear about the car. It was always one of my inspirations. Hope everything works out for you.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                                Right after he bought his z3 my uncle told me when I was young (12?) that you'll spend more of your life behind a car than you'll ever realize. That led me to buy my own Z3 when I turned 16 and when I was looking around for a beater I found out about the e30s and then I was hooked.
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X