No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t normally like flares but they great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

E36 has been great! I've been utterly lazy about updating that thread.

Looking forward to those updates.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
        No no no.

The yellow marker on the tires!
        Lol we all know you're rocking a purple velvet dash
        Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        tires look just as cool as i thought they would look. great work! i can imagine the feeling of everything "just feeling right". It's a feeling I am looking for.
        Yea turned out nice. I like it. Now I have to do the other side. Man it's taken me quite a while to get it all done! So worth it. No joke my buddy was yelling with glee as he was ripping gears and wanted to go for another loop up and down the mountain after we were done (we did, it was worth it)
        Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
        Don’t normally like flares but they great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks man!
        Originally posted by rzerob View Post
        Looking forward to those updates.
        Hahaha I suppose.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
          Lol we all know you're rocking a purple velvet dash
          Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Haha definitely.

I will say though, when I build my next E30, I will have one helluva template to follow with your build.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This E30 is utterly fantastic.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            Haha definitely.

I will say though, when I build my next E30, I will have one helluva template to follow with your build.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This E30 is utterly fantastic.

So now the question for me is what to tackle next.... I have a slew of projects queued but don't know where to start

- supercharger (probably the most complicated and biggest and time/money intensive, but also probably the most exciting)
            - new exhaust setup (using euro s50b32 headers and UUC corsa catback + center exit)
            - roll cage + harnesses (will also include painting the floorpan and rearranging wiring)
            - s54 oil pan dual pickup plus modded pump for higher volume (will also require subframe modification and swaybar relocation)
            - cold air intake routed through high beam (currently its just an unshielded KN filter sucking hot engine air)
            - front lower grill ducting
            - brake ducts+backing plates+hose
            - rebuild diff with 3 clutches and possibly modified ramp angles
            - custom sideskirts
            - livery
            - finally paint the chrome trim around the windows

I'm leaning towards picking off some of the smaller, non mechanical related projects first because it's been a while since I just left the car alone and had time to enjoy driving and washing it. Then maybe the exhaust since I can do it in stages and it's not as labor/mechanical intensive as the other but should be fun. All in all I'm really looking forward to the next 1-2 years of modding this toy
            Shadetree30

Comment

Personally I would do the supercharger next. Because fun factor and big money item out the door first. Everything after will seem cheap. But if you are already enjoying the car so much, it can wait.

Intake and exhaust would make the most sense. Along with brake work, anything that does not see you with a lot of down time for the car would be at the top of the list. I would do the roll cage second to last.

A roll cage really changes a car and can sometime ruin the fun factor of a street driver. If/when you decide to do a full cage, consider installing removable side bars.

Do the oil pan/mod and subframe mod when you do the super charger. Do that right before the cage. You can build a separate diff. and swap it when it is done. So no down time there except when you actually swap it.

Livery and side skirts last because by then it will be a race car. Just my opinion.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Knock out the window trim. It's such an easy/cheap thing to do, but I think will visually improve the look of your car so much.

Comment

So are you gonna go with a track car type build or build it to be a weekend only car?
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                    Personally I would do the supercharger next. Because fun factor and big money item out the door first. Everything after will seem cheap. But if you are already enjoying the car so much, it can wait.

Intake and exhaust would make the most sense. Along with brake work, anything that does not see you with a lot of down time for the car would be at the top of the list. I would do the roll cage second to last.

A roll cage really changes a car and can sometime ruin the fun factor of a street driver. If/when you decide to do a full cage, consider installing removable side bars.

Do the oil pan/mod and subframe mod when you do the super charger. Do that right before the cage. You can build a separate diff. and swap it when it is done. So no down time there except when you actually swap it.

Livery and side skirts last because by then it will be a race car. Just my opinion.
                    All good points. Thanks for the perspective.

Likely will tackle supercharger and oil pan next winter. Those are big projects and I need to save up some cash to get them done.

Exhaust, intake, brakes, cosmetics are all small enough projects that I can enjoy doing without much down time so all will likely come soon.

Sideskirts I will do sooner than later because I have a cool idea and IMO it's one of the last cosmetic changes that will complete the look of the car.

Cage will not be full, just a roll bar fully welded into the rear shock towers

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                    Knock out the window trim. It's such an easy/cheap thing to do, but I think will visually improve the look of your car so much.
                    Funny story I pulled all the trim off the driver side about 8 months ago intending to paint it. Then it got late and I didn't feel like it so I stuck it all back on.... I have all new clips too

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    So are you gonna go with a track car type build or build it to be a weekend only car?
                    Both. It's already only weekend/DE for me at this point and has been for about a year now. I'm really enjoying the car more this way than I ever did.
                    Shadetree30

Comment

I'd say enjoy it for now during the summer months and then around oct/nov put it back under the knife.

On another note. You should really do a youtube channel on the stuff you do. I'd watch.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

I recently did the 4 clutch kit.
                        I could do it a lot quicker this time, press required. Maybe a couple hours.
                        Works good.
                        We're in deep now boys
                        1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                        1988 340iL - Track car
                        My M60 V8 swap thread here
                        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          I'd say enjoy it for now during the summer months and then around oct/nov put it back under the knife.

On another note. You should really do a youtube channel on the stuff you do. I'd watch.
                          I think this is what I'll do, aside from the smaller projects I already mentioned. And yea I've thought about the youtube thing with one of my close friends who wrenches on porsches. The main roadblock for us is that if we had the time to edit and compile video, we'd just use that time to continue working on the cars :D
                          Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                          I recently did the 4 clutch kit.
                          I could do it a lot quicker this time, press required. Maybe a couple hours.
                          Works good.
                          Can you elaborate on the performance results? And I assume you did not mess with ramp angles? I have a press. Not worried about the assembly/disassembly part.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Want to do my diff at the same time? :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

The editing of videos can be very time consuming.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Coming from someone who actually had a supercharged S52 E30 (way back in 2009 no less), put that modification towards the end of your current list. Work on getting the car completely up to snuff before you tack on that massive upgrade.

Your build is great quality, but a supercharger magnifies even the smallest of weak links. Spend the time and effort on the supporting modifications first.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X