X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you do such a thing

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Well I hope the new owner come here and continues with the car. Kinda bummed this thread is ending.
      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        I thought I knew you

but I really have no idea who you are inside
        idk man, this car never really did it for me. I think it's because I was always working on it & never really enjoyed a simple 2002.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Why would you do such a thing
        College, bills, personal goals, and the reason above

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
        Well I hope the new owner come here and continues with the car. Kinda bummed this thread is ending.
        I don't think he's very active on the forums. It's a friend of mine buying it though, so I will post updated pics of it now & then to keep you guys in the loop

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Damn, that sucks. I really enjoyed seeing the cars progress through instagram but I can totally get where you're coming from selling it. I'm sure whatever you get into next will be at the least just as awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Laddergoat View Post
            Damn, that sucks. I really enjoyed seeing the cars progress through instagram but I can totally get where you're coming from selling it. I'm sure whatever you get into next will be at the least just as awesome.
            Thanks bud! Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, and at the very least I'll have a few cool stories to tell. I'll have to start a couple new threads for the new projects

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
              Thanks bud! Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, and at the very least I'll have a few cool stories to tell. I'll have to start a couple new threads for the new projects
              I liek plurals

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Confirmed. plurs is gewd.

Comment

I'm just breaking your balls. I think your car was a bit too much e30 into a 2002. I like the 4 cylinder. It's not fast, but they can be quite quick. Build the right suspension and it's downright capable and agile.

And it's still a dinosaur compared to anything else. But you knew that.

I'll probably always have a 2002 in a garage somewhere. E30s were my gateway to the older stuff, where I belong.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    I liek plurals
                    Originally posted by Laddergoat View Post
                    Confirmed. plurs is gewd.
                    potstir

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                    I'm just breaking your balls. I think your car was a bit too much e30 into a 2002. I like the 4 cylinder. It's not fast, but they can be quite quick. Build the right suspension and it's downright capable and agile.

And it's still a dinosaur compared to anything else. But you knew that.

I'll probably always have a 2002 in a garage somewhere. E30s were my gateway to the older stuff, where I belong.
                    haha I know, no worries. Yeah, I mean the car had an m20 & g260, but thats about where the e30 stuff ended. The rest of the car takes so much work to get up to snuff though, like suspension & all that jazz. Like you said, an m10 with some ITBs, a nice cam, and a 5 spd swap probably would've been enough....but my setup was pretty practical too ~250-270hp to the wheels. I don't/understand the need to go for even more in this chassis though, like people shooting for 400+. I mean, there's a point where it's not really useable. I like to think I kept it in the useable range haha

I have a similar mindset, but I'm kinda stuck on e30s. They have a great balance between old and new technology. I'll own other projects, but these are where my <3 will always b

Comment

I'm sad to see it go. Very excited to see what's next. Life goes on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

The Bomber is officially out of my hands! Drove it to the buyer's shop today where we discussed the future plans for the car. Look's like I'll still be working on it

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        I'm sad to see it go. Very excited to see what's next. Life goes on.
                        Yes it does, new stuff constantly coming in and old stuff leaving :)

Comment

Ahhh my achy breaky heart! Lol
                          Question. Maybe I missed it but how were you going to run that e30 diff in there? And where did you get your axles

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                            The Bomber is officially out of my hands! Drove it to the buyer's shop today where we discussed the future plans for the car. Look's like I'll still be working on it
                            LOL.....that car ("trusty rusty" during my tenure) gets passed around like a cheap #####! that is now the fourth owner since i had it, and there were at least a half dozen before me!

and with all those owners....it still hasn't been repainted!

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post
                              LOL.....that car ("trusty rusty" during my tenure) gets passed around like a cheap #####! that is now the fourth owner since i had it, and there were at least a half dozen before me!

and with all those owners....it still hasn't been repainted!
                              lol you've already told me this a couple times. Thanks though, good to know that the only "fresh" paint it's gotten in the past couple years has been house paint

Comment

Working...
                              X