Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Progress : AC Schnitzer S3.5 Convertible (FOR SALE!! FOR SALE!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Gushing out

I do not remember where the oil filter is in relation to the starter but it sounds like the O-ring around the top of the oil filter may not be seated properly.
    Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

Must be somewhere around the oil filter housing, it's the only thing carrying oil near the alternator.

Comment

Think He for got to put the oil pressure sending unit.

I hope it is running now?
        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
          Think He for got to put the oil pressure sending unit.

I hope it is running now?

Yes i sent him a text shortly after seeing this. Low and behold i was dead on.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Yes i sent him a text shortly after seeing this. Low and behold i was dead on.
            Yes, oil pressure sending unit.

I am getting a list together for the local dealer to order.

I need to fill up the trans. A. Zimmerman (the gentleman who rebuilt the trans) said use ATF. So I will! Seems the BMW paperwork says the same... need a hand pump to transfer the fluids, too.

In the back of my mind is polishing the front tower strut bar, installing the ACS valve cover, locate appropriate black acorn nuts for the valve cover (dress it up)..

Reading about a fan .. system seems bled.. just water in it now. I have a fresh container of BMW coolant at the ready.

Planned to redo the rear end this winter. Looking down the road is to clean EVERYTHING under the hood. Replace hoses with new. Little hardware bits replace with new or refurbish. Hose clamps (need a trip to the junk yard, get every German hose clamp I can find, soak in a hot water & purple power solution and lube it). Was looking at Oetiker clamps but I think their permanence may make routine things difficult...

Thanks again to Kershaw for his awesome charity, kind heart and friendship to help me out. And the forum, too. I appreciated that text ThatOneEuro. That was awesome. Thanks for the help guys. Raul, of course, thank you.

Lots of work to do. Just some ranting. Photos to follow. A video to come.

Tach isn't working... two sensors in the rad are disconnected.. need to find the wires. Rear right caliper has no fluid flowing through the bleed screw.. so rebuilding a lot of things out back. One day interior. Will be ordering a trio of VDO vision black gauges (ala ACS) for the cubby mount to keep an eye on oil temp, oil pressure and volt.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Finally made a trip to a junkyard. In short order and for $2 I recovered a handsome sum of BMW hose clamps. If I still had my E38, I would have had some awesome headlamps, too.

Clamps were cleaned with hot water and royal purple degreaser , scrubbed and rinsed and are now soako g in a hot water and ballistol bath. German chemicals for German items.

AutoZone has their line of pentosin offeri gs at 75% off. Too bad the oil is synthetic... or I would stock up. I did get a few quarts of ATF. And the hand pump. Now just need to fill it up.

New throttle cable and bits are on their way from FCPEuro.

Making another order via my local dealer.

Comment

Look for a 3 prong plug in your glove box it should have a green, yellow, and black wire iirc. Anyways snip the black wire and splice it into the tach signal wire on the harness and you should have a tach. This is how it was in my early model car.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Look for a 3 prong plug in your glove box it should have a green, yellow, and black wire iirc. Anyways snip the black wire and splice it into the tach signal wire on the harness and you should have a tach. This is how it was in my early model car.
                  I'll look and see which wire color should be my tach.

The M30 was previously in an early chassis. I have a later chassis. Just a little bit of the wiring is off.

New gauge and sender arrived. These things are pricey. One at a time. The sender will help plug up the oil problem .

Photobucket sucks. Pictures are not uploading to r3v. Will be back...

Comment

Motivation and fun piece of history:

輸入名車専門店ガレージカレントBMW|M3|の中古車

The price given converted to $110,000 USD.

No ACS 3pc wheels. No S3 SPORT graphics along the side. A shift knob I'd never seen. Nice photos of the build plaques. Not denying authenticity, it would be simple enough to verify with some friendly email exchanges I am sure. But it does highlight the challenge of these early tuner cars: very little documentation remains, no internet archinving at the time exacerbating the difficulty of unearthing information and the builds were all very unique. Maybe it never had the three piece ACS wheels? Graphics were never placed on the flanks? The dealer sales brochures I have do not list that shift knob.

Comment

I've seen lots of ACS cars, some have all the parts from the brochure, while others where only fitted with wheels, suspension and interior parts.
                      And a lot of them are automatic.
                      #ShenanigansE30 1989 Touring AC Schnitzer S3 replica http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=320784
                      Ruffian 1987 318is 2 door Hartge project http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=290863
                      Natalma 1990 Touring AC Schnitzer S3
                      #GlorianaE28 1986 525i
                      #AnniePowerE34 525i 3.2 M50 with AC Schnitzer S5 parts
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Der Ruffian View Post
                        I've seen lots of ACS cars, some have all the parts from the brochure, while others where only fitted with wheels, suspension and interior parts.
                        And a lot of them are automatic.
                        To qualify for a plaque, did it have to be produced/out-fitted at a parts dealer such as Rossiters?

Seeing no way to get an import ACS at the time of the E30, one was to order parts from the catalog and go it alone.

Do you see the same thing on your side of the pond? ACS cars which bear a plaque vs no plaque?

At least Alpina and Hartge were able to reVIN the vehicles, making it theirs. With ACS, it is a bit trickier. So what makes an ACS car of the time? Is it like DINAN? Outfit so many parts and you qualify for levels?

Comment

Not sure about levels of parts to qualify, the last one I saw was with papers from ACS even if it only had wheels, suspension, engine and interior parts.
                          In my opinion those cars were build for a customer.
                          The plaque is S3 Sport (M3) specific only.
                          #ShenanigansE30 1989 Touring AC Schnitzer S3 replica http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=320784
                          Ruffian 1987 318is 2 door Hartge project http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=290863
                          Natalma 1990 Touring AC Schnitzer S3
                          #GlorianaE28 1986 525i
                          #AnniePowerE34 525i 3.2 M50 with AC Schnitzer S5 parts
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Der Ruffian View Post
                            Not sure about levels of parts to qualify, the last one I saw was with papers from ACS even if it only had wheels, suspension, engine and interior parts.
                            In my opinion those cars were build for a customer.
                            The plaque is S3 Sport (M3) specific only.
                            Well that is a lot: wheels, suspension, interior and engine! Just body kit missing?

Dinan allows you to get a badge with a single item... IIRC floormats!

Comment

Any luck on mono wiper linkage?
                              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

It is all done! But i havent fired off my wipers yet.

20" wiper blade??

Comment

Working...
                                X