Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Progress : AC Schnitzer S3.5 Convertible (FOR SALE!! FOR SALE!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    i have a boatload of bumper conversion info on my vert euro conversion build thread, including links to all the original source threads. also did an early model vert plastic bumper conversion if you're interested in that.

you're welcome :-)
    Thank you. Come to find out I do have the plastic bumper shocks with that part number. I will read up. Thank you.

I was under the impression is was to be bolt on.. not sure how I am letting this outsmart me.

Little, baby steps.. but painted bracket and got a new reservoir. New hoses will be purchased and mated to existing terminals. Seems my new place for parts, FCP Euro, has the appropriately sized PS hoses.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

^ Nice!!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Indeed. Clean clean.

Who do folks use to restore the original zinc/cad plating? I have a couple of buckets full of OEM fasteners needing some love ...
        Last edited by bradnic; 12-06-2015, 09:41 AM.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I've seen hot rod guys send me off to a place in Florida or Texas

And some even try to do it at home with kits from eastwood.

One of my projects is to tear the motor down a bit and paint.

Comment

Well, things are chugging a long. I hope one of the suppliers has a nice Black Friday sale so I can scoop up OEM items to clean up the M30 (oil pan gasket, maintenance type items, belts, etc).

Today I tackled the fuel filter and redid the soft lines there. Only one rubber line was really cracking and, though not leaking, was looking sketch.

Trying to sell some parts as to make room for the new, physically and financially.

E38 and W126 are taking my attention, too! E38 just got new plugs. I realized I need to get the valve cover gasket on it done. $$$

The W126 needs my time to install the confirmed working front window regulator and motors.

Comment

This winch was just installed. It should make quick work of dragging the motorless vert up into the garage.This will allow me to roll the M30 around more easily, too.

Next step is to roll it out for a degrease and pressure wash of the bay... and really the whole thing.

Trying to figure out my plans with the motor. I came across a machinist willing to barter for head work. Do I go that far? Or just redo some gaskets and call it a day? Working on making a list of parts.. the local dealer parts manager agreed to price match Tischer/getbmwparts.com (wholesale) prices.. that saves me a lot of driving.

Comment

Ordered Garagistic front subframe reinforcement and shifter replacement pieces.

I will find a local welder to do the task for me.. I pass one on my way to work. Stop by and make friends...

I considered a UUC kit but for the full monty at $500.. I had to keep a lid on spending.

Comment

It is not easy to keep a lid on spending$$$

I am glad you liked the link on AC Schnitzer S5 3.7 275hp build.
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                    It is not easy to keep a lid on spending$$$

I am glad you liked the link on AC Schnitzer S5 3.7 275hp build.

Budgets are tough. I would love to make this a cover page car but..

So with the winch system, let the car out and cleaned the bay. It is awesome. Winch performed lovely. Next up, motor clean up and figure out how to put the engine and Trans together. Motor already has clutch ... Trans is rebuilt. Clutch fork amd trans bolts in a box...

Anyhow, thanks to cyber Monday deal at Advanced Auto I scooped up a bunch of paint, brushes and degreaser to get me fueled for next few steps.

Dirty:

Winch:

Clean:

Comment

I like the winch idea, I may need to steal that if my car continues to be in project form much longer :p

Comment

My M30 does not include PS. I'll need a pump and will likely need to rebuild it.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Big jeep and off roading fabrication shop nearby will install the Garagistic reinforcement for the front subframe.

Comment

well I sold my white IX with the schnitzer rear apron. I did move it over to my friends db vert though.. same one I had previously converted to plastic bumpers. came out pretty nice I'd say.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Can you show me into the wheel wells? What year? And what mounts did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                              Can you show me into the wheel wells? What year? And what mounts did you use?
                              car is an 89 vert. the late model schnitzer rear apron we used came from a 91 IX. I've seen a few IX schnitzer coupes like this. The apron design didn't require us to mod anything by the wheel wells at all. it has mounting tabs that sit behind the bumper. Not sure how the shop mounted them though - to the body or to the bumper - but I hope to have pics soon.

the car's rear bumper retrofit is documented in that link we posted earlier, and it's also on my sig.

As for the plastic rear bumper on a db vert, you probably already know that unlike DB coupes, the DB verts don't need the rear plastic bumper sides shortened to work. Even better there were NO MODS needed for the body work either.

I've seen people lengthen the rear bumper shock mount holes before - including Patrick.. def did not need to do that. All I had to do was drill a hole on the sides of the bumper carrier to match existing holes in the db vert quarter panel (part under the plastic bumper cover). It's all documented in that thread.
                              Last edited by bradnic; 12-06-2015, 09:44 AM.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

I appreciate the information about the bumper swap. Let me get the front end buttoned together. I imagine, get it on the road for summer as an ugly duckling.. shake down stuff. Then next winter will be drop rear subframe and redo the backend. Bodywork stuff would be best in summer. That's my idea.

Still making progress. Just slowly, surely.

Garagistic shifter rebuild kit just installed. The shifter cup replacement alone feels better. The derlin bushing I hope will give a tighter feel, too. Not too much, though. Having driven Kershaw's iX... that shift assembly was a little too much for me (Full UUC kit?).

Before:

After:

Many parts have arrived for refreshing the M30, E36 LCABs, Garagistic front subframe reinforcement kit and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X