Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Progress : AC Schnitzer S3.5 Convertible (FOR SALE!! FOR SALE!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my AC Schnitzer wiper kit that I bought from Germany. On the blade measures 18.5".
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

More gauges on the way (oil temp and water temp).

Hood finally back in place.

None of the speedo gauges work. Wire is connected there in thr glove box. Motor came with a 5k and that is definitely not right.

Took it for a spin today. Quite the shock upon start-up! High revs!!!! When I replaced the throttle cable and bushings it was set a little taut. Good thing I had my ear lrotection on.

I wanted to drive it to the local exhuast shop but without gauges, I worry travelling a few miles blind to the motor's stats. I habe the exhaust but with it only a foot off the ground on stands, I am not afforded the wiggle room to shimmy the pipes in there.

Transmission, clutch and shifting was nice. It has been a while. Over a year since I drove the E30.

It is coming along!!!!

A few other needs:

Correct speedo. Wiring for aftermarket gauges, new oil dipstick (current one is handless and I dont like that), the fire wall covers ala M3 and the throttle body and fuel rail covers for the m30. Polish strut bar, new sticker in the mail.

Trying to get a video up..
        Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 11-12-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
          Do you have pics of dismantling of your e30? I want to see the fire wall get beat up.

On my Alpina clone I thought I beaten the fire wall back enough. Where the m30 head area needed more love. I was able to push back with out trying to pull out the engine.
          Reviewing the thread, I wanted to say I made NO modifications to the firewall. Never a hammer was swung (at the firewall). Just setting the motor in some of the gummy was torn.

Comment

Good to see you making progress. M30 E30 is always a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Grumble, grumble:

Another gauge arrived. Waiting for sensors.

The BMP OFH lid is in. I am only going to use one of the taps, so also arriving soon is a 1/8 NPT plug. I may, for fanciness sakes, mount an underhood pressure gauge but I don't know?

EDIT: Someone a little help on embedding Photobucket, BBC code?

Comment

we only have youtube video embeds, no photobucket

if you're not getting custom downpipes, you'll need to massage the passenger corner of the footwell by the trans tunnel a little to get the stock ones to fit.

(also the upper part of the firewall only needs to be modified if you're installing a B34 with its back-of-the-head water fitting, which you're not)

nice swap!
                cars beep boop

Comment

The exhaust I have was already a part of this motor in another E30. No BFH massaging was mentioned. We shall see. Plan is to put in gauages. Then, knowing motor stats drive to exhaust shop. Let him fit in the exhaust I already have.

If not, shop guy said about 700, all SS with magna flow parts (res and crossover I think?) From downpipes back. Said shop gets killer reviews.

Hoping for now he can just make the old one fit. If not, I then need to mount up rear kit so tips can be placed correctly.

Thanks for the heads up on video and B34.

Comment

I will second kronus. Even with using the b35 manifolds and down pipes my foot well was thumped a couple times. I actually had to make a relief cut smack it in and then weld it out to get the curvature i wanted.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The exhaust had custom down pipes. The issue was when it was made, they were bolted in, then a Y pipe was welded to them. Too wide to get it past the body and subframe from the bottom. I cut the welds off and we reinstalled the downpipes individually and slid the y pipe in place with some band clamps. The car this exhaust came off of must have had some custom attachment points but we rigged something up with some exhaust strapping. It's in, but it needs some further customization.

For example, the exhaust uses a resonator as a muffler. Lol. It's loud. Very very loud.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

I found the one strap that the exhaust came with.

Egauges has been super slow and unhelpful. I was informed one gauge needed backorder. I declined to wait, finding the gauge in stock elsewhere. I asked the rewt of the order be fulfilled. The other gauge too was backordered. I was never told this until I asked recently about the whereabouts of my order. Seems the metric stuff is coming from Europe, with rarely any in stock on this side of the world.

Comment

You mentioned E30 M3 awhile back.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Wow. Those are snazzy!

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                              I found the one strap that the exhaust came with.

Egauges has been super slow and unhelpful. I was informed one gauge needed backorder. I declined to wait, finding the gauge in stock elsewhere. I asked the rewt of the order be fulfilled. The other gauge too was backordered. I was never told this until I asked recently about the whereabouts of my order. Seems the metric stuff is coming from Europe, with rarely any in stock on this side of the world.
                              Dude, just get standard gauges. Lol. You can order them off Amazon and they'll be prime shipped to you before this weekend.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

I refuse to use these outdated units. Didn't Congress or something agree to start phasing in SI about 130 years ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X