No announcement yet.

FreedomM3's RestoMod Diary - 89 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I decided to cut the paint a bit harder. I did 105 and 205 on the pass side with result I am very happy with, i also started the driver quarter. What do you think?

Here is a close up of before:

After:

Amazing the difference alittle love will make.

I was also working on getting this painted.. rain rain go away

I also came home to this! All the parts to make it run and the rear Bilsteins sports.. woot I ordered from FCP Euro. Wish they had shipped same day, would have made a big difference to me. Anyways. more pics. I am a picture whore.

Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-01-2015, 03:43 PM.
    Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

I have some 42draftdesign 4x100 - 5120 adapters on their way!18mm front and 22 rear Woot! I thinkI got them for a fair price. Anyways. Time to find some minty style 5's!
      Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

She runs. But ended up needing to guy a battery. Sweet another $120..

Moved her up for a full bath, it's nicer to work up here than where I do. I get a bunch of tree crap and mud from the angle of the yard. Anyways, hope however reads is enjoying my spending
        Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-02-2015, 02:24 PM.
        Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Car is coming along very nicely, How do you like the rubbing compound? Thought about going with the same stuff? The stocks should ride great too. If you still have the vert I am looking for parts, Three all together and would need a little grinding to remove them. Uploading and taking a picture of the parts I need to show you.

Comment

Whats hanging down on the picture number #4, Around where the fuel pump location?
            Last edited by fight4life28; 10-03-2015, 10:18 AM. Reason: PM Info instead, Posted on to the wrong place.

Comment

The plastic cover. I think the PO was trying to diagnose the same mis/skip the motor seems to have. I though replacing the ong orion system ( cap, rotor, plugs ) would get rid of it. It's helped hit it's still there. Alternator seems to be dead, running currently of the new battery.

Anyone know what else it could be?

I'll shoot you a pm back about the parts!

How I left her today.

Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-03-2015, 03:45 PM.
              Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                Car is coming along very nicely, How do you like the rubbing compound? Thought about going with the same stuff? The stocks should ride great too. If you still have the vert I am looking for parts, Three all together and would need a little grinding to remove them. Uploading and taking a picture of the parts I need to show you.
                So far so good! It was recommended to my by a detail friend for off the shelf product. I just wanted to see if it would work. So far so good. I still hate the bronze but it atleast makes it like the car has an owner. Haha

Received these from Bwaa (sp?) Fantastic seller and transaction! Extremely well packaged and super quick to ship. I think they were at USPS 5 minutes after PayPal!

Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-03-2015, 05:33 PM.
                Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Good job on the detailing, man! Btw, what paint did you use on the lip?
                  sigpic
                  '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                  Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Thanks! I'll need to wetsand the passenger door to get it to match the mattness of the quarter and fender. bwaaah

Believe it or not, its the $1.00 flat black paint from HD. The shop I learned at when I was 15 had a million of them and we used it as a generic all purpose flat black paint. Works great with prep. I sprayed it temporarily because ill be experimenting with this lip to make something one off. I'll be buying a new one one I repaint the car. Right now it help with motivation.

Does anyone know a fix for this type of misfire? Seems all too common but none of my searches yield any actual fixes! The only thing thing I havent done is a fuel filter/pump or adjust the valves. Valve adjustment is coming monday. I would rather hold out on the filter and pump for right now.

Not my car, found it while searching..

Random shots from today:

Obligatory install pic?

Put the stockers on to feel how the car rides. The 5 spoke wheels are all bent, even worse than I imagined. The car literally jumped when I drove off. The others IMO are way too ugly and I have a buyer on monday. Had to get the neighbor to lend me his air compressor for some tire pressure. It looks okay. hah
                    Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-03-2015, 05:35 PM.
                    Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

So I swapped a newer coil and seems to run betterrrr...

I took temperature readings on the exhaust manifold todays. Cylinder #1 seems to be 100 degrees cooler than all the others. Cylinder #4 seems to be 50 degrees hotter.

I am assuming #4 is running lean and #1 rich. Time to figure out what injectors to rebuild and drop in. I though about #19 injectors.. I like the idea of the 4 pintle bosh injectors with the same specs as the oem injector. I don't really need more fuel, I just want efficiency. Any thoughts?

I also pulled the VC off today, while waiting for the motor to cool. I slipped the feeler gauge into #1 and its seemd withing spec. A quick peek at a few others and they were all in adjusted properly. Darn, I was hoping this would be the ticket.

fancy:

Got a like new coil, I'll be running that tommorow. Woot.

If any of the local german parts places wanted my business and would call me back that would be great! Get me off these things!
                      Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM.
                      Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Before:

After:

Also!

dn

Debating if I should recondition these wheels before buying new tires..
                          Last edited by FreedomM3; 10-07-2015, 09:14 AM.
                          Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Hey! I'm the guy that bought the top, fender, door, and tailight off your parts car, thanks for those. The paint work looks great, and those wheels cleaned up nicely. Gonna follow this

Comment

Hey, thanks! Hope the parts worked out.
                              Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Worked on the wheels for a bit
                                Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Working...
                                X