A Hunt for a Project: My E34 540i6's Journey to Decency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Hunt for a Project: My E34 540i6's Journey to Decency

As mentioned in my Chevy build, I've done a lot of soul (project car) searching. This year alone I have bought and gotten rid of at least 10 different prospects.
    I'll just let the pics do the talking.

I started liking these old ford pickups. Found a clean original Highboy.

Decided rain gutter rust is for people with a few more O's in the bank.

So then I tried to find something else with less rust. Found this thing in Oklahoma for a few bucks.

Decided it made me miss the Highboy. In fact, the same guy that bought the Highboy bought this f100 as a bed donor.

Then I tried something smaller. Fuck it, less risk right?

I love MK1 rabbits! Especially diesels!

I fuggin loved this thing. 100% original. Then it hit me. I can't molest this and make a project out of it. It's too nice.

The I said let me go back to my roots. Why not another E30?

91 318is. Fuck this. Made me miss my m60 e30 vert waaaaaaay too much. I can't really do e30's without canvas tops. Ditched this thing about a day after I got it.

So then something else popped up. A beautiful all original 95 525iT!!!!

Perfect. I'm gunna swap iiiit! Gunna get an ls1 and a 6060! and wide ass wheels!

But wait.

This thing was absolutely gorgeous as is. I fell in love with a time capsule. I couldn't dare fuck with it.

I drove this touring for the rest of the year problem free. I never owned a car that made me smile every time I looked at it. It was a blast from the past every time I sat in it. I got compliments and people offering to buy it all over town. It was great man. I made it my daily and it impressed me even more with its practicality.

Shit was great! Then I started to get this itch. A got damned Daewoo took me at the light and passed me. I said enough is enough. I want speed! I decided this car was too clean to molest as well and said fuck it. Found another enthusiast from Korea and we've been getting it ready to ship. It's no in his possession and I'll be doing some basic maintenance to it before he leaves. I miss it but I'm so glad to see it in deserving hands.

Sigh...

Dilemma...

To Be Continued....
    Last edited by Vtec?lol; 10-24-2015, 01:53 PM.

Then this popped up 8hrs away. 95 540i6 with sport options...

I left to he rust belt and picked it up for the low. $1600. Yep. Running and driving 6spd. $1600.

Didn't feel like waiting for a trailer so HF hooked me up.

Got it home and started to assess it right away. Cleaned the shit out of it since it's been sitting under a tree.

Interior looks like taint and smells like spit.

Dat dove waffleswaffleswaffles!!!!:p:p:p

DEAR GOD TAKE THE EARLY E46M3 WHEELS AWAY!

My neighbors see this and come flying asking if I can fix their cars. Never fails.

Since I had the car further in the air I got to investigate. WTF is this chain for?
    Ah yes, of course. Lets bolt chain here to hold the engine down on top of its broken mount. Makes sense.

Fixed that shit and put some decent wheels on it. Something that matched.

For now it drives and I'm enjoying it. Will fix the cosmetic issues first and then continue on my plans for the rear mount boost. YES!

More progress soon.

Comment

Finally got my turbo in. gt37v
      Although it's huge, it'll be fun to learn.

Comment

Giddy up!!!!!!!!

I thought you were fixin to put the m6x/6 speed in your touring.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

LOL that chain mod.... WTFFFFF

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

That E34 love. I miss my E34 Touring. Even after 20 years it still rode like a dream.

Comment

In. And would love a high-boy as well to replace my 4Runner. Must...resist...searching craigs..list....
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I want a touring in my life soon. E34 is on the list. I loved the way my E34 M5 looked. The E34 tourings look amazing when done right
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I hate my E34 at the moment. Hopefully yours is going better than mine. Subscribed for progress!
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That Ford... JC. Hot.
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      I want a touring in my life soon. E34 is on the list. I loved the way my E34 M5 looked. The E34 tourings look amazing when done right
                      There is a couple E34 M5 Tourings available but, be prepared for a $10k to $15k price.

Comment

I was going to swap the touring however it would require a little too much time and I'd never regret altering such a clean car. The guy that owns it now is stopping by today. Cant wait to see it again.

To date I've ordered the kit for the GT37. It's actually in super mint condition. Vanes move freely. No shaft play. No marring or scratches. I'm very excited to get it put back together.
                        A little bit of research is pushing me into finding a smaller turbo in exhange for this one and running it under the car. The driver side exhaust clearence doesn't exist as it is. I really lack the creativy to find an under hood mount location for this thing.

Comment

Jelly of that obs ford.
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                          X