e34 M5 touring conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 M5 touring conversion

Hey guys, I recently picked up an e34 m5 from an insurance auction that was wrecked. As some of you have seen on the facebook page I am using it to build myself a replica e34 m5 touring and figured I should start documenting the built for everyone to see. Enjoy

The current plan is as such

Built a hypothetical US spec e34 m5 touring to replicate the m5 donor car, this means no euro parts on it anywhere, us spec headlights, reflectors, tail lights, 3.6 engine and drivetrain, everything US spec.

To further the homage to the original car it needs to be the same exterior color combo, same interior color combo ( Calypso with gray bottom, Silvergrau hell with gray headliner)

Most of the parts from the original car will be reused unless its touring specific ( like rear seats and such )

When I first saw it

When I took delivery

My buddy driving it onto the trailer

The donor wagon, a 93 525iT with 212k on it

The m5 was towed to the shop

Disassemble begins

Bonus photo e30 m3 in reflection

Yes! I can't wait to see more updates.
    Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Subbed!!!

Comment

Nice!

Quite a score at an insurance auction! How does it run? I figure you'll be refreshing the motor before you drop it in?
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Nice project !
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
            Nice!

Quite a score at an insurance auction! How does it run? I figure you'll be refreshing the motor before you drop it in?
            I'll do being gasket changes, cooling system components and maintenance stuff but otherwise i'm not rebuilding it

It runs very very well, I took it out for a drive and it pulls wel

Comment

In for this one!

Comment

Very cool project, I absolutely love e34 tourings and gorgeous color as well!

The m5 doesn't really look that beat up or is it me, anyways following this for sure
                Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Awesome project. Will be following.
                  sigpic
                  Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                  1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

no self leveling suspension I hope - great project though!!
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
                      Very cool project, I absolutely love e34 tourings and gorgeous color as well!

The m5 doesn't really look that beat up or is it me, anyways following this for sure
                      Bottoms of the doors are rusted out badly, wrecked with salvage title. I could fix it but I just don't want to invest the effort to end up with a salvage title m5 when I could have just bought one that wasn't wrecked. Also I won't enjoy it nearly as much as a sedan as I will as a wagon I built myself.

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                      no self leveling suspension I hope - great project though!!
                      The m5 has the rear SLS deleted, the wagon has it functional. I'm hoping to get a pair of m5 rear SLS struts because I intend to keep it. As I said, as close to original as possible.

Comment

A few lost quarts chs-11s later and you'll come around on that - lol :)
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                          A few lost quarts chs-11s later and you'll come around on that - lol :)
                          This, lol. The entire 4 years I owned my touring I could have used it once, when I moved. I looped the system after my SLS rear shocks began spewing precious green fluid on the ground.

Fantastic build, just sold my touring and have an E34 itch again.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

this gon b gud.
                            can't wait for the outcome. good luck

Comment

I'm there. Sub'd.
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                              X