Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30335i
    replied
    He has a Instagram by the same name I believe, he moved and bought another car iirc Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    whatever happened to this sick build? Still alive?
    What he said.

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    whatever happened to this sick build? Still alive?

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    This is such an awesome build!
    Thank you. Wish i could stop accumulating/starting other projects!

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    This is such an awesome build!

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    Do you think you will neglect one of them?

S54 is going into a friends e36 m track car. E46M will be track car/Street car with AC. I live in Texas and it’s too hot to drive without AC for me so I feel the 02 won’t get driven much. No heater or ac at the moment. Honestly with the prices of 2002s, if I can get a pretty penny it may be for sale. E46 is just getting suspension mods and reinforcements and track days until the 02 is finished. Then LS swap, is the plan. Unless something happens to the s54 in the meantime. Could put a rush on things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    So, you are going to swap a LS for the S54, then what are the plans for the S54? I currently have two rwd fun cars including my s50 swapped E30. I have put less than a couple 100 miles on it since I bought my Vette.

I still run my 325ix on the bad days but I am going to be selling the swapped E30 because I don't drive it anymore. If I was you and had that 02 I would not drive anything else. Do you think you will neglect one of them?

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied
    Sorry guys. Months past quickly and the 02 barely got any attention. But I hope to get some more time out there now that my pup is grown and doesn’t need ALL my attention.
    here’s when I first picked Cali up :). 8 weeks old, 7 lbs.

Very little progress cuz I felt my life was revolving around her. But she’s the best!

Here she is now, 60+ lbs and turning 6 months old Friday!

Picked up a an immaculate clean title carbon black 05 m3 as the next project/track car for the low! It’s SMG, but so clean and has clear bra and modesta ceramic coat

Plans for this baby is DD and prep for track slowly. When 02 is finished I’ll start on a LS3 swap. Until then just suspension mods...have picked up all poly bushings and subframe reinforcements and Vince bar. Just need to find time to install it all. Trying to budget in some ST XTA’s and waiting on the new apex 18x10 group buy.

So back to the 02. I fixed the wastegate interference. Wished I just built a new dp lol. Cuz grinding and patching 304SS sucks!

Cleared off all the crap that’s accumulated on the car

Removed the turbo to get to the manifold bolts.

I already shortened this dump pipe in one direction. Now I gotta make it shorter in the other direction. Time to cut and weld some more!

Fits with tons of clearance now!!!

Now to fix the downpipe.

What do you guys use to grind stainless? That shit is hard!!!

My welding skills Wasn’t gonna bridge this gap so decided to make a new piece.

Re welded the dump. Now to patch the hole...

Not great, but good enuf :)

Happy everything went back together. This literally took me like all day because I had to buy a hole saw and grinding bits because it wasted all my harbor freight ones. Home Depot bits work a little Better. But I swear I temporarily lost my hearing.

Can see everything has good amount of room now

Welded in the 02 bung for my AEM wideband.

Next is to get the radiator / intercooler
    Mounted again better. Have more room with the crossmember cut out...

Gonna make a new crossmember that drops down. So that requires me to set up my bender I bought. Will be tying in a skid plate to this bad boy to protect that low hanging m20 oil pan.

Jdsquared model 3.

I also updated the rear tails with LEDs so all this work doesn’t get rear ended with 50 year old dim brake lights.

Just got glued em in. Didn’t want them rattle loose, so was pretty liberal lol. You can’t see it thru lenses so doesn’t matter what it looks like

No battery or wiring in car so I don’t get to see what they look like. But that’s one less box in the car. Trying to make room lol.

To my two wheelers, here’s a small update on the bike. I traced the wiring back and diagnosed a bad starter relay, and dead fuel pump from eBay. Required fuel pump and replaced starter relay. Bike cranked and primed but wouldn’t start. I have spark and Can hear fuel trickling in the tank, which puzzled me. Then i realized my eBay pump was missing the fuel pressure regulator, which made sense why it wouldn’t start. No pressure? So waiting on a new pump from eBay and hope it starts! Once it starts I’ll need to add brake fluid and take her for a ride around the block :). Then gotta figure a slip on exhaust and headlight. Going for a street fighter look, so I bought a cheap 7” headlight with integrated turn signals. Projects on projects on projects now!

My fence fell down between my neighbors, so had to fix that, and realized all my fence and posts are rotted. So I have 75 Ft to do for the back and I’m also building my own cedar patio furniture. Testing my carpentry! Lol. Adulting sucks. I just wanna build racecars...

Leave a comment:

• masterofnone
    replied
    Very impressive build and well executed! Looks like you've met Jan. If Im not mistaken he still owns those Jongbloeds.

Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• TimeMachinE30
    replied
    GSX swap in a smart car? Isetta.

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    What happened to the Vette?
    Sold it cuz I was planning to buy the house...I’ll be getting another LS corvette powered car once I recoupe from moving/furnishing the house.

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
    I have a 2002 gathering dust. This is giving me wonderful ideas :coolphoto:
    Just do it :).

Leave a comment:

• ArtFoodBMW
    replied
    I have a 2002 gathering dust. This is giving me wonderful ideas :coolphoto:

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    What happened to the Vette?

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied

It arrived but stood neglected since I was unpacking and enjoying living in a new city.

Turned her around after getting some garage stuff situated.

Noticed just from the trailer ride my radiator was getting some rubbing with the intercooler so decided to pull it out to start on mounting the FMIC to the radiator.

Setting up shop in the garage! So much room compared to my previous situations. Getting use of the drill press. Got a mill/drill/lathe as well that I’ve yet to build a table for.

Hung cabinets on both sides and Built myself a workbench. trying to clean up the garage to do more work in it. And be efficient with the space.

Radiator/fmic combo fits way better this way.
    Just need to make new mounts top and bottom for it.

Got the car up in the air to see what I was working with for fuel line running space from the trunk to the motor.

Dat ass tho.

The pan sits higher up in the 2002 than it does in an e30 ;)

Went to Japan for work and did go-karts thru Tokyo on the weekend. Was epic. Totally recommend if you’re ever in Japan.

Decided to try paint scratch paint matching in a spray can...well, total failure...at least I took the fender off and cleaned up the cut for the flare. But you can see how bad the match was.

Installed a new cps and scoping everything out from down below!

Here’s the oil drain and supply for the turbo...

And I found that I get to pull the turbo and manifold again!!! To modify the damn wastegate tube for a second time!! It’s hitting the frame rail ever so gently. I figured under g’s this may cause an issue.

So better safe that sorry.

Figured I’d make more room for radiator to mount lower too and get rid of some cancer...cut it out!!! Will replace a x-member with a tube from rail to rail and make the bottom radiator mounts from that and the top radiator mounts to the support.

Pulled charge pipes and stuff out since the turbo/manifold has to come back out...

But before that I wanted to get the trunk fuel set up plumbed to under the car so I can scope out where the fuel lines should go.

Running ptfe lined SS hoses thru the trunk floor with male to male an fitting/bulkhead

And while under the car I measured and ordered a 3” in/out borla race muffler.

And that’s pretty much where I’ve left off because I got a free crashed 04 gsxr750.

Had to swap the front cuz front wheel was damaged and didn’t know condition of forks so I did a gsxr1000 front end swap for bigger brakes and wheel :)

Here’s the current status of the bike now...and I swear. Just a few more
    Things then I’ll get back to the 2002! I swear! I’ve just been busy with the Audi daily and a truck my dad gave me. Audi needed waterpump/timing belt and wheel bearing. And truck needed new brakes and exhaust tail pipe was rusted out.

So now the truck is good and Audi just needs one more wheel bearing done and then I can focus on the 02 again after thanksgiving since I’ll be heading back to Cali for the holiday.

Will be better about updates going forward :).

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Great stuff man! The more and more i'm seeing these Garagistic diff mounts, the more I'm wanting one for my e30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X