The Adventures of Golden Boy, my Rebound E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
    Nice! I know exactly where both are! The spring club from high street was my go to! I miss SLO. I'll definitely let you know if I am ever back down in the area!
    The Dutch Punch is my personal go to haha. Sounds good though man!

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
    --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Got an exciting package on the way which should be here in the next few days, but in the mean time this showed up today. It's the Condor Shorty weighted shift knob, which should compliment the IE Super Short Shift Kit and DSSR nicely:

Comment

Can you measure the shift knob for me? Why to compare the height to my Zhp knob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
          Can you measure the shift knob for me? Why to compare the height to my Zhp knob

I just measured it, it's 3-5/8" (or ~92mm) tall.

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
            I just measured it, it's 3-5/8" (or ~92mm) tall.
            Thank you sir

'91 318i (Alpine) - daily
            '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Very exciting day for me, a highly anticipated package showed up. The contents being...

These coilovers were pretty much the last piece of the puzzle before I start tearing into the E30. I'm trying to gather all the parts necessary for the suspension overhaul and 5-speed swap so that I can dedicate a week solely to the E30 and bust it all out (that's the ideal outcome anyways). I'm expecting to run into setbacks and realize I should've ordered parts that I didn't, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. I have a few little odds and ends to order still.

Couldn't help myself, had to lay it all out and take a picture. I left some random things out but you get the gist. Getting antsy and excited! It's going to be a lot of work.

Comment

Golden boy is one lucky e30, your work is impeccable!

Love the aerial parts photo

RICHTER MOTOREN

1987 e30 325is Zinno - Restoring
                2004 e46 325xi Alpine - Daily
                2003 e46 330ci Topaz - Sold
                1988 e30 325is Zinno - RIP
                2007 Honda Ody - Family Truckster

'87 325is Restoration Build

Comment

Looks great. Question, what spring rates did you end up going with for the coils?
                  Singer Vehicle Design.
                  Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

this thing is gonna be so nice...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Damn, that last pic is crispy.

Comment

This is one lucky car. I've been following your shop for awhile on garagejournal for a long time. I go and check in every 5 months or so just to see how much more awesome both it and your work gets. Love it.

PS: Your front control arms are switched in the parts pic... I'm guessing you did it that way intentionally because it frames out the front end better. ;)
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

That last pic is awesome, haha. Let us know how you like the coilovers.

*Also saw your for sale ad for the tan side bolsters and can't find it anymore. I'll take them if they're still for sale.
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by pcrbmw View Post
                            Golden boy is one lucky e30, your work is impeccable!

Love the aerial parts photo
                            Thanks man!

Originally posted by cali_e30 View Post
                            Looks great. Question, what spring rates did you end up going with for the coils?
                            7kg front / 8kg rear

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            this thing is gonna be so nice...
                            I hope so, the whole exterior portion of this project is going to be a big one.

Originally posted by 86gt635 View Post
                            Damn, that last pic is crispy.

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                            This is one lucky car. I've been following your shop for awhile on garagejournal for a long time. I go and check in every 5 months or so just to see how much more awesome both it and your work gets. Love it.

PS: Your front control arms are switched in the parts pic... I'm guessing you did it that way intentionally because it frames out the front end better. ;)
                            Awesome man! Thanks for following my shop thread as well.

Yeah I'm sure the pic isn't very accurate, I just kinda tossed things in and made them look right for the photo. It's been a few years since I've actually been under an E30 so I'm a bit foggy on how everything is situated.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                            That last pic is awesome, haha. Let us know how you like the coilovers.

*Also saw your for sale ad for the tan side bolsters and can't find it anymore. I'll take them if they're still for sale.
                            Thanks man, I'll definitely post up some feedback on the coils. I'm going to PM you right now regarding the bolster skins :up:
                            Last edited by CubbyChowder; 02-27-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

waiting on feedback on those coils before purchasing. still torn on what set-up i want.
                              Singer Vehicle Design.
                              Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                                Very exciting day for me, a highly anticipated package showed up. The contents being...

These coilovers were pretty much the last piece of the puzzle before I start tearing into the E30. I'm trying to gather all the parts necessary for the suspension overhaul and 5-speed swap so that I can dedicate a week solely to the E30 and bust it all out (that's the ideal outcome anyways). I'm expecting to run into setbacks and realize I should've ordered parts that I didn't, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. I have a few little odds and ends to order still.

Couldn't help myself, had to lay it all out and take a picture. I left some random things out but you get the gist. Getting antsy and excited! It's going to be a lot of work.

Super jealous

Comment

Working...
                                X