Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    do the various mounting holes in those come drilled?

Doesn't look like it. Probably a secondary op they skipped to keep the price down.
    As long as the plastic is flexible they should hold up as well as OE stuff.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    do the various mounting holes in those come drilled?

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Well, it seems original used M tech 1 kits have doubled in price while still needing repair work. I refuse to pay $2-3k for a kit that needs work, even if it is original. With that said, I bought the CEP Plastiflex M tech 1 kit. It's a 1:1 copy of the original kit right down to the indentations for the stickers and ribs. The parts do seem thin and are very light but I don't have the originals to compare these to. Besides, if the parts are as strong and flexible as they say they are, they don't need to be as thick or heavy. It will be very hard to tell OE from this kit once finished and painted.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jm
    replied
    good to have a euro

Yes, I was hoping to have a euro to do my m-tech, but they are so rare. But they are so much easier to deal with than the usa car. Looking forward to seeing what the finished interior will be. I am thinking about changing out my interior too.
    jm

Leave a comment:

• e30lyf
    replied
    that's nice project Barry.. :)

i might have fog light delete covers. if ever you want to run those in the future.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    JM, it's a euro car so no need to cut anything. I was just curious if the valance is left behind the spoiler or if it's removed. Looks like I'll be leaving it.

Simon, since I was missing the rear seat and blue leather seats I believe are an early model thing and probably hard to find...I just decided it'd be easier to swap to black. The PO also cut holes in the blue panels for speakers. I already had black door panels and everything so I went that route. Now I either have to dye the front seats black or have them recovered black...then it will be complete. Thanks again for picking up that rear seat. I owe ya one.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post

The interior is just about done. Next is the suspension, CA's, tie rods, and M tech 1 kit.
    we need more pics of the interior. Looks like it IS going to be all black leather?

Leave a comment:

• 2002jm
    replied
    front valance

You most likely figured this out, but the fog lights attach to the m-tech 1 front spoiler. You can use the euro valance under the spoiler, or cut the usa valance. On the usa valance, the holes are too small for the back of the fog lights....they will hit and keep you from putting the spoiler on all the way....nice and neat. Pretty easy to cut the usa valance; takes about 30mins total.
    Really enjoying your build!!
    jm

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    update 4/18/16:
    OEM vs aftermarket eurolite assemblies...

Problem is those bulb sockets are different from OEM. My solution was to cut out the OEM connector/socket and use that instead.

Resprayed my faded blue rear deck to gray...

The interior is just about done. Next is the suspension, CA's, tie rods, and M tech 1 kit.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied

Getting the rear deck ready for paint. Going to dye it gray to match the black interior. Does anyone know where I can find this bulb socket?

I needed new front turn signals and bought aftermarket Eurolite assemblies. Instead of having built in bulb sockets, they use these. I didn't realize they were different from OE.

Leave a comment:

• Javier h
    replied
    funny

Japandrew73 had the same question when doing his 333i tribute.

Since he wanted to make his car as authentic as possible, he actually brought a beatup euro valance to replace in his car. Yes, he wanted the euro look even if you never saw it after fitting Mt1 kit. The implication from his venture was that the Mtech1 goes over it.

As you probably know, Andrew ended up ditching the idea because of the cost of refinishing the old euro valance and just mounted the Mtech1 kit.

I can only tell you that the fogs are embedded in the Mtech1 kit for sure. I had a US production e30, so I never ran into the issue when I received the Mt1 kit with the fogs already mounted.

I suspect you might have to remove the fogs from the old valance for cooling purposes. Andrew also said that the MT1 kit had to be cut based on whether or not you had AC installed etc. It's been year since I read that thread but it might not be a bad idea to skim over it.

This might also help.

Javier
    Last edited by Javier h; 04-05-2016, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    Fogs mount to the spoiler. Early cars had a 2-piece valence, but AFAIK Mtech I model years and 2-piece valence model years did not intersect, so factory Mtech I cars most likely had valences.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Yes, still M20B23.

Panda...either way the fogs definitely mount to the spoiler right? so did you remove the valance or install the spoiler over it? I think the front of the fenders mount to the valance.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 04-05-2016, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Court M3
    replied
    Barry is a bad influence, now I want a Euro vert.

Leave a comment:

• e30onBBSs
    replied
    still m20b23?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X