Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reelizmpro
    replied
    The CEP kit is great. The only issues I had really were with the front foglights mounting and adjusting or lack thereof and the top of the side skirts where they meet the body being a little off. The fogs mount up okay but there's nothing to keep the fogs from tilting. The adjustment tab is missing from the repro. So I used hot glue to keep the lights in position and white caulking to fill the gaps on the side skirts. Those are my gripes with this kit. Also the front and rear spoilers don't extend into the wheel arch like the original but it's not a big deal.

There was an original kit for $1200 shipped sans deck lid spoiler. That was a good deal. I got the complete Cep kit for $850 shipped with decklid spoiler. Everything is very lightweight yet more durable than oem supposedly. Just depends on your budget and what is available at the time. I didn't see many waves or imperfections on the raw pieces but if there were the paint guy took care of them. The kit looks like oem and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference especially since there aren't many m tech 1's around.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-27-2016, 11:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mila325
    replied
    Any opinions on the M-Tech I kit? I'm keen to order one from the same place as you and wanted a review on it :)

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Neato. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    On my euro spec car it had something I had delete plug welded in. Can see in my build thread in my signature.
    Ahh that's exactly what needs to be done. I'll cross that path if I ever paint the car.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Came together pretty well Barry! Is there any during pads left in the rear? Easy way to drop it down a little. It looks great
    Yes, both pads are in the rear. Being an early model I imagine they used the thickest ones. I may just remove them. Still, I think it's the Bav Auto springs. I found a similar thread where someone had the same problem and BavAuto switched rear springs with him using z3 springs.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Came together pretty well Barry! Is there any during pads left in the rear? Easy way to drop it down a little. It looks great

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    I was thinking about what to do with those... They cut a 1" diameter hole in the rear quarter panels for those. Not sure if it's worth deleting them or just keeping them to add character. We'll see what happens if I ever have the car resprayed. At least the fronts are gone.

On my euro spec car it had something I had delete plug welded in. Can see in my build thread in my signature.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Looks fantastic. Should of had the rear side markers deleted though :/
    I was thinking about what to do with those... They cut a 1" diameter hole in the rear quarter panels for those. Not sure if it's worth deleting them or just keeping them to add character. We'll see what happens if I ever have the car resprayed. At least the fronts are gone.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Looks fantastic. Should of had the rear side markers deleted though :/

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    Awesome transformation.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Took it for it's first real drive...30 miles each way and it ran great. Just a few kinks here and there with the electrical but great overall. The paint is still in great condition and only needs a good cut/polish. Not bad for 30 year old paint.

Then:

Now:

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Wolfe
    replied
    Looks good. You have done a ton of work recently!

Mr. Wolfe

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    I got the car together for a monthly car show and by the time I got the car ready and drove out there, only 3 people were there. Oh well, at least I got a lot done over the last week.

Took care of a few minor issues, got her cleaned up and installed fresh emblems + M tech stickers. The rear suspension is sitting too high for my taste. Not sure why there's so much rake with Bav Auto sport springs.

Leave a comment:

• Old city bimmer
    replied
    85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't receive them. I bought the last 12 in the US few months back and the rest came from Germany which I had to supply my drivers license and current Registration to get them. They arrived 5 days later.
    As for the rear bumper strip being a little short. That's because the Mtec one is actually 1.5 longer. Mine was a little rough so I end buying a regular one since Mtec are NLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Thanks guys. I think BMW NA put a block on my bolts/clamps. The parts guys assured me they were in NJ and therefore ordering them won't be an issue, etc. Well it's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't come in. They are now in the process of contacting BMW NA to see what's going on. I am guessing they will want my euro vin. In the meantime I reused 2 old clamps and the rear is on. Front and rear need adjustment so they will come back off at some point and I can improve the body to bumper fitment. Rear bumper trim is a tad short but it's nothing that can't be rectified by keeping the trim flushed along the bumper. You can hardly tell there's an issue at all.

Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-26-2016, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Looking sharp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X