Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    In this video we see the elusive V12 E34 quickly scurrying through a tunnel to catch its prey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGIWp7s97Ms

Leave a comment:

• Anthony B
    replied
    I honestly love this thing, looking forward to the updates

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    You're not helping me....

I still have that 750iL I bought, and with the bad gas tank and fuel lines, I'm even more tempted to find a 5 touring....

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    E34 550iT....The Gristle Hammer

So, got the shifter all fixed, now I have access to all 6 gears.

Before it was flat and about 3/4 an inch shorter. When shifted into 5 or 6 it was rubbing on the guibo. Also lowered the trans another 3-4mm.....long story. Also re-bled the clutch, it's a lot better now. Must have had a minuscule amount of air in it.

Then I decided to put the spare tire back in. The car had gotten REALLY smelly, like BAD. I couldn't figure out where....but I found out...

8 or so dead baby mice in the spare tire well.....removed them and cleaned the well. Smell is gone now.

Decided to take the car to C&C on Sat morning. Started up just fine and drove 40 miles to C&C. Went to leave and the injectors wouldn't pulse, also the fuel pump would cut off when cranking. Tried jumping it, but still nothing. So had to tow it to the shop and properly diag.

Turned out the 3 year old battery was marginal, and the power junction for the aux relay box (which houses the fuel pump/injector relays) was bad. Corrected that and started driving it home.

THEN I was like 5 miles from home and decided to show off to the panhandler at the interstate exit....

I launched the car and immediatly there was a pop and the engine reved....but car would barely move. So got it out of the road and had dad call AAA.

Tow driver was super cool, and talented with that roll back.

Got the car home and on the lift and diaged.

Did that with a used, stock, e39 528i clutch...

Then....since there was a drive down Skyline Drive the next day (Sunday)....I went to the shop (40 miles each way) to grab a replacement axle. This is where I learned that 535i axle are larger than the 525i ones....so I had to crawl under a parts car and harvest the axle.

Done and done...did the drive and it was awesome.

I think after getting the car cleaned up, I'm more into it now. It's a blast since I got the shifter BS and clutch bled all proper.

Now I've got some fueling issue going on, I think. I'm going to swap in the brand new dual fuel pump setup from the 750 and all that jazz. The stock 525i pump seems to not be able to keep up when the tank gets low, so I get all kindsa misfiring etc....plus it's loud, and has been loud since I bought the car.

Also going to swap in the rear trailing arms from the 750 and larger axles from the 535.

Then I'm gearing up to swap in the other M70, since this one uses a ton of oil and smoked on decel, and install the new M5 clutch and have VAC put a new gall plate on the flywheel.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-07-2016, 09:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Because I had this car in my garage for a detailing to pay back Jeff for his help with my E28, I took some pictures and video of this thing.

First: Exhaust video
    https://youtu.be/C3LyP92QzoM

Last edited by Walter; 11-04-2016, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Jesus! That's insane.

I have $0 in taxes on the cars..they're all old enough now that they fall under some older vehicle tax relief thing.
    I know, if older then 25 it falls back to 35 a year but they are raising the minimum age to 30 so a lot of people are fucked pretty soon. Engine swaps are illegal to

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
    Parts hauler is awesome, I love older trucks

v12 e34 is insane, good luck with it!

ps if I was to daily drive a v12 7 series it would cost me about 5k a year just in taxes in Belgium..
    Jesus! That's insane.

I have $0 in taxes on the cars..they're all old enough now that they fall under some older vehicle tax relief thing.

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    Parts hauler is awesome, I love older trucks

v12 e34 is insane, good luck with it!

ps if I was to daily drive a v12 7 series it would cost me about 5k a year just in taxes in Belgium..

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    So haven't touched The Hammer in a couple weeks because got a real parts hauler:

1995, 5sp, v6, 255k miles.

It's AMAZING. I had one back in 2007-8 that was exactly this but 4wd. Loved it. Then I had the z31s....so I'm kinda partial to the vg30e. This thing SCOOTS!

First things first, I removed the dumb camper top. Then I wound down the torsion bars and dropped the rear with 2" blocks.

It's always working.

Picked up a 4.6 for the Disco....

....and a bike for a friend of mine....

If you don't have a small Japanese "chicken tax" truck....GET ONE. They are the best thing ever.

Leave a comment:

• BobombETA
    replied
    wtf how am i just seeing this. this is amazing!

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Goddamn you Slammin.....Look what you made me do...

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied

I've got to get the M5 clutch in there....the 528i clutch, obviously, isn't cutting the mustard that well....but I kinda wanna wear it out since it's in there....

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    I made it squeak the tires last night.

I don't think this thing will do a burnout. It just likes to mooooove.

Roll the back back wheels into one the puddles of coolant your rovers have left and dump the clutch at 4k rpm

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    I made it squeak the tires last night.

I don't think this thing will do a burnout. It just likes to mooooove.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    I really need to find a v12 project

Leave a comment:

Working...
X