No announcement yet.

Chase Bays M54B30 E30 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge fan of turning/converting anything you can into AN fittings and lines, even rad hoses.

Originally posted by Chase Bays View Post
    I don't know, depends when you ask haha. What do you think?
    Beige would be awesome as long as it's one of the BMW OEM colors like Bahama or Gazelle biege IMO.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Very interested in your tucked radiator kit idea.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        I'm a huge fan of turning/converting anything you can into AN fittings and lines, even rad hoses.
        I don't understand what's the Benefit of those AN fittings. I understand use of if you are making something from scratch, but why change perfectly working OEM lines to those.

Comment

I wouldn't be trusting cable ties submerged in fuel. Should of used hose clamps
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
            I don't understand what's the Benefit of those AN fittings. I understand use of if you are making something from scratch, but why change perfectly working OEM lines to those.
            They are superior and pass OEM requirements by miles, the mechanical seal is more reliable than a hose/clamp, and they look nicer IMO.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Tucked radiator seems interesting. I installed a m42 radiator for my m20 with electric pusher fan and that cleared up some room but the drain plug has been rubbed slightly by the power steering pump knob piece.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                Cable ties are fine. Had mine like that for an age

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Properly plumbed AN is better than most OE plumbing. Add to that that there are no "perfectly working" BMW PS lines and it makes a lot of sense. ;)

Comment

WOW. I love coming back to this thread and reading up on all the ideas youre coming up with for e30 products. I hope to do a build as detail oriented as youre doing Chase. I would love to buy some product from you when more comes out.

Well done so far!

-Tony G
                    I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                      My vote would be all teal, the color combo you have teal with black, or something like teal with Sparkling Graphite Metallic like this M3
                      Gotta be teal or beige. Both go well together too. You're right about teal and black though. The more stuff I put into the engine bay thats black the happier I get.

Originally posted by ak- View Post

Beige would be awesome as long as it's one of the BMW OEM colors like Bahama or Gazelle biege IMO.
                      Same! Its cool and it works better. Of BMW Beige's it would be Sahara from 2002!

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      Very interested in your tucked radiator kit idea.
                      Awesome to hear it, stay tuned.

I understand, unfortunetely the OEM lines don't perfectly work. AN fittings are superior in their sealing power, durability, heat resistance, and aesthetics in most cases. I tried to look up an "all you want to know about AN fittings" article but it doesn't exist in condensed form. Guess I should get to writing.

Short version: Developed by Military (Army Navy) and Aerospace industry in pursuit of fluid transfer that exceeds their demands. Tanks, jets, spaceships, etc. There is no quality difference in what we use vs. what a fighter jet uses.

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                      We use Military Spec zipties and they're fuel safe. But it seems like it would work either way vvv

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
                      Cable ties are fine. Had mine like that for an age
                      /

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                      Tucked radiator seems interesting. I installed a m42 radiator for my m20 with electric pusher fan and that cleared up some room but the drain plug has been rubbed slightly by the power steering pump knob piece.
                      Yep thats a step in the right direction. Ours won't be visible in the engine bay and the drain is on the bumper side since it would hit core support.

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
                      Properly plumbed AN is better than most OE plumbing. Add to that that there are no "perfectly working" BMW PS lines and it makes a lot of sense. ;)
                      Seriously. Always an issue, and we plan to 100% solve it.

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                      WOW. I love coming back to this thread and reading up on all the ideas youre coming up with for e30 products. I hope to do a build as detail oriented as youre doing Chase. I would love to buy some product from you when more comes out.

Well done so far!

-Tony G
                      Thanks a ton Tony! I am certainly in the having fun stage.
                      Last edited by Chase Bays; 07-12-2016, 02:55 PM.
                      www.ChaseBays.com
                      Chase Bays Instagram
                      Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

Is there any reason to change the car color away from Black? IMO a great, clean looking exterior will be stunning on its own, but then you pop the hood and the teal explodes all over you and becomes the center piece of what you do.

Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Is there any reason to change the car color away from Black? IMO a great, clean looking exterior will be stunning on its own, but then you pop the hood and the teal explodes all over you and becomes the center piece of what you do.

sounds like just a preference. I agree with you, but I also think there isn't one way to go about it. I think of it as just a contrast thing.
                          I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Need update, pls.
                            P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Ah not much new, waiting on prototypes for some new products. Plus I've been distracted with my Drift E46. Will update next week.
                              www.ChaseBays.com
                              Chase Bays Instagram
                              Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

A cool color I almost used for my E30 is Meteor Grey Pearl. It's an Audi color. It's got a hint of teal in it that might look really great with the engine bay.

I ended up going Ibis White, but Audi's colors are so great. They have such depth and complexity that many other brands overlook.
                                REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Working...
                                X