• Show
Clear All

Nice pick up! Time to rock some Rick Astley w/ that deck
    Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
      Nice pick up! Time to rock some Rick Astley w/ that deck
      Phillip Collins Bro
      Last edited by Julien; 07-20-2016, 06:46 PM.
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Subscribed

I am excited to see this
        1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
        2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
        2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

that's awesome, nice find. I have fond memories of riding around in one of those in the late 80's. My dad had a guards red '87 944 turbo, then a turbo S.
          '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

One day she'll be painted back to guard's red.

In other news, I drove her to work.

AND ALL THE COOLANT STAYED INSIDE HER

This weekend I'm going to:
            - Install the rogue tune with MAP sensor
            - 3 BAR FPR
            - Hang a boost gauge in there and set it to 15-16PSI
            - Drive her in anger
            Last edited by Julien; 07-22-2016, 07:55 AM.
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Looking good. Maybe some spacing in the rear?

COTM

Comment

More work:
                Installed a boost gauge.. fits surprisingly nice without having to drill anything:

Did the necessary mods to the DME for the rogue-tuning a tune (adds a map sensor):

Car is not boosting as it should.. but it could be this pos. Going to replace it soon:

Other than that.. cleaned her up a bit and went out:

N2mye30: running 20 & 25mm spacers at the moment, I guess 25 & 35 would look best
                Build Threads:

Comment

In the quest for proper boost I found a very lazy wastegate. Even with it vented to the atmosphere I was only seeing 12-14PSI depending on load. Once I found that drawings for adapter plates where available online for a TIAL wastegate, I bought a TIAL wastegate because TIAL is baller.

Old Vs New (1 Bar spring)

Yay Boost! Since then I've also bought a new manual boost controller and dialed her in right at 16 PSI (Safe limit of the factory fueling)

And that ladies and gentleman was that.

That is until this friday when I saw this beast on craigslist for under 3kay:

I spotted with my little eye... FUCHS! SPORT SEATS! and later found out it had LSD!!!

I immediately .. to the owner since he was planning to go out of town and I knew this deal wouldn't last.

The car was wrecked in 2002 with 83k miles and parked until 2012. The magnificent PO bought her, replaced the fueling system, timing belt and got her running again. He then proceeded to fix everything wrong mechanically. The car has new struts ($$texas) and shocks, new radiator ($texas..) all new ignition components, etc. In other words, everything my car needs

I plan to keep her as a running car and eventually sell her.

Anyways, decided to ruin my apartment's parking lot yesterday:

Found this "relic"

Sport seats in! Still gotta do center console and door panels:

Today I'll hopefully do shocks/struts and more interior bits.

Check out his other 951 for sale.. Its a STEAL
                  Last edited by Julien; 09-12-2016, 07:14 AM.
                  Build Threads:

Comment

More work today.. Swapped the 4 new shocks/struts onto my car, also noticed the black car had a larger front sway bar.. and the fuchs!

Build Threads:

Comment

Awesome score on the 2nd 951. You had me contemplating trading that mt2 vert!
                      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

This looks so cool with the fuchs!

And it looks really modern to me, like 10 years old or less
                        Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

951's are such fun cars.
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                          :shock:

Comment

Bit of an update.
                            I swapped the LSD transmission out of the parts car into my car:

And this is mine on the ground about an hour and a half later. Easiest transmission pull to date!

(insert thumb covering license plate)

Turns out the one I pulled out of my car had been swapped at some point because it had the "5R" stamp on it as well meaning it was also LSD... but it failed the wheel spinny test so I guess the clutch packs were dead *shrug*

anyways, also rolled my rear fenders. excuse how dirty I look.. I had just been rolling around under the car doing a transmission swap :)

Swapped front brake rotors to try an kill a shudder under braking.. but I think a slightly loose wheel bearing turned out to be the culprit (these have two piece "trailer style" wheel bearings up front)

Derping around town:

(I have that piece of door trim, i've just been very lazy about getting some double sided tape - lol)

annnnd now with the DP motorpsort wheels

Not sure what i'll end up doing with the fuchs *shrug*
                            Build Threads:

Comment

damn that car is getting hotter and hotter. nice job.
                              ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

Bye Felicia
                                Build Threads:

Comment

Working...
                                X