X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC delete with 3D printed adapter

Gonna stick this on so I can use my phone for navigation etc

Comment

Awesome that you're using solidworks for all this. Im a CAD technician myself, however for my job I mainly use Plant 3d. Used SW a little in college, really cool to see someone putting their cad skills to work on e30s. Keep up the good work!
      1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
      1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
      E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Came across a new 5 lug conversion option.

Creations motorsport for sale on ECS

Looks like it would be a smaller offset change than the ones avaliable for sale by members of this site. Doesn't look there is an accompanying caliper adapter.

They sell this one but the description says it is for 540i/Audi rotor conversion on 4x100 hubs

Comment

Subscribed- I am extremely curious to see someone use that kit!

Are you running 318ti brakes in the rear
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
            Subscribed- I am extremely curious to see someone use that kit!

Are you running 318ti brakes in the rear
            Sweet thanks, I just put in an order for the hub adapter. For only $78 it's worth checking out. I'll probably end up making my own caliper bracket once I figure out what brakes will work well with this.

I have 318ti brakes on the rear right now, but I have Z4 hubs that I'm gonna put on my old trailing arms with E46 brakes which will need a caliper adapter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HertE30 View Post
              Sweet thanks, I just put in an order for the hub adapter. For only $78 it's worth checking out. I'll probably end up making my own caliper bracket once I figure out what brakes will work well with this.

I have 318ti brakes on the rear right now, but I have Z4 hubs that I'm gonna put on my old trailing arms with E46 brakes which will need a caliper adapter as well.
              Awesome, I'll be following your progress! If you make multiple sets of brackets I'd take one off your hands. I don't have the means to make my own set. The offset is the main reason why I've hesitated to go 5 lug in the front, so if this works out I'll be thrilled.

Also, if you're going Z4 in the rear I'd be interested in the ti brakes and hubs when you take them off. Those just press in/bolt onto the E30 TAs, correct?

Will the E36 hubs + those sleeves work with the E30 ABS system up front?
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

subscribed.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Oh jesus these hub adapters are garbage.

Check the inner diameter of the E36 bearing.

And here's the OD on the Hub adapter

And again the E30 spindle diameter

Creation Motorsport hub inner diameter

Big DO NOT BUY. Calling ECS for my refund

Comment

Subbed!

Awesome thread! Love the work you're putting in to get it just right. I just recently purchased an E30 and have slowly been getting it up the snuff.

Noticed you're Markert Motorworks License plate frame. Will you be out at the meet and greet their having this Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                      Awesome thread! Love the work you're putting in to get it just right. I just recently purchased an E30 and have slowly been getting it up the snuff.

Noticed you're Markert Motorworks License plate frame. Will you be out at the meet and greet their having this Sunday?
                      Yeah I'm gonna head up there after BMWCCA autocross. Probably will take my E46 since it'll be hot and my E30 sucks on the highway.

Comment

LOL at those hub adapters. They need to be careful selling those, there are definitely people out there that are dumb enough to install them
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Subscribed.

Very interested in the outcome, keep the updates coming!

Comment

Wow... dont buy from not proven product...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
                            [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------
                            [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------
                            Transaction Feedback

Comment

Its well passed time for me to machine my own adapter. I'm gonna make up some drawings and talk to some guys about material selection this week.

Comment

I think I've written a bit about different kits in this threads but I want to make a summary post.

So the 5 lug conversion options for E30 are either E30 M3, combination of E36 stuff, or hub adapters.

All hub adapters on the market today have similar issues.
                                Every hub adapter kit adds something like 12-14mm of offset. This isnt really an issue as its not to hard to find higher offset wheels to fit, but some of the fan favorite wheels are lower offset 5 lug.
                                The reason for this is they all use E36/E46 rotors which have a width (wheel mounting face to back of rotor) of about 52mm. E30 rotor width is 35mm.

So most of the apater sleeves just have the extra width at the base and push the ABS ring out of the range of the sensor. Namely:
                                ngampleh's ETA adapters
                                Max399 adapters

nasieg adapters adapters have some of the extra width in a spacer that goes behind the rotor so ABS works.
                                same design as elcoy if he still sells them

My goal is to make low offset adding adapter (E30 M3 width basically) so I can run 225/45 on an E38 Style 5.

The only 5x120 rotor with a lower width is the E30 M3 rotor which has a 40mm width. (seems like E30 M3 suspension is about 5mm more width per side) This rotor isnt that much of a size upgrade if you're going through the whole 5 lug process.

So I'm gonna need to redrill a rotor from another brand to 5x120. Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X