No announcement yet.

e30 Hot Hatch Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is insanely creative! I grew up in the late 00's in Chattanooga which had a strong VW backing. Grew to love rabbits, karmann ghias, and fastbacks. I never would have thought it would fit together that well. Perhaps you MADE it fit that well. I will be keeping tabs on this build. Are you going to be able to maintain the e30'esque rear pop out window?

Comment

ALRIGHT. So i got the rear end off the 318ti and its currently going on the Hot Hatch for the 5 lug swap in the rear. I also bought a SUPER mint "super e" e30 that was t boned. The car has a mint interior (for sale) along with it has the 89+ gas tank I need to run the s54, and projector headlights. Car has clean fenders bumper and hood and also has good bottle caps, and a strong running motor. I'll be parting it out so if anybody needs anything, let me know! (red car)

Comment

Originally posted by MCreally? View Post
        This is insanely creative! I grew up in the late 00's in Chattanooga which had a strong VW backing. Grew to love rabbits, karmann ghias, and fastbacks. I never would have thought it would fit together that well. Perhaps you MADE it fit that well. I will be keeping tabs on this build. Are you going to be able to maintain the e30'esque rear pop out window?
        Yes, the only changes to the rear end is I'm extending the c pillars and shortening up the trunk area. The tail lights, plate tub, and popout windows will stay e 30 style

Comment

ALRIGHT. Haven't really updated this in a minute. I recently acquired every piece I need for the project. I sent the DME/ecu out to Kassel performance to do the tune and conversion for the e30, purchased all new ply bushings, ball joints, tie rods, brakes, pads, rotors, etc. Literally everything all new. The car is now slowly going together, and here's a quick pic of the progress.

Comment

#ballin'

Seriously. Excited.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

This is super cool and super original. Fuck anyone hating on this idea. Best of luck! I am excited to see how this turns out.

Comment

Heres a few more photos of the mockup

Comment

i have chest pains

Comment

Are you going to leave the hatch as-is or are you going to widen it a bit to match the E30 width better? The back panel glass looks flat so it wouldn't be too difficult to get another piece cut.

If you are doing all the work, might as well make it look right IMO. The hath just looks too narrow.

Love the project. I used to have a caddy (rabbit truck) with a GTI motor, interior, ect so mk1s are close to my heart.
                    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I'm widening it to match the e30 body lines. It'll all look great when its done

Comment

these are my two favorite cars grafted together. I'm so excited to see how this ends up
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by sniches View Post
                          Juat trust the guy.... he is not trying to make a turd.

Well done. Lool forward to seeing this come to life...
                          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Very interesting project. I always like to see well executed and inventive body modifications. The mock up of the rear looks surprisingly sharp. If I was undertaking similar project I would probably would have used an E30 touring for the rear and the hatch. I imagine they might be suitable with less modification but of course you'd miss the VW flavor.
                            E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by sniches View Post
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

:popcorn:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X