Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 325i Sedan Resto - Mod

Hey guys,

I figured it's time to start a build thread for my E30 since I just started dropping money into it.

It's a little rough around the edges with a very small hole in the right rear rocker and a poorly repaired fiberglass battery tray, but it's solid in all the right places.

I'd like to get the body stuff taken care of eventually when I have the funds.

This just arrived today:

The starter doesn't seem likes it's fully extending at times and it makes a god awful noise. Hopefully this starter takes car of it and it doesn't need a flywheel.

I'm still waiting on all this stuff to come in:

I plan on starting by replacing both fuel feed and return lines as well as all the brake lines in the rear. The lines going into the "T" are pretty crusty. I ordered a new fuel tank from Advance for $180 after discovering there seems to be a leak where the fuel pump assembly flange is formed to the tank.

I also ordered a timing belt because although the previous owner seemed to take pretty good care of the car, I don't know when the last time it was replaced.

Hopefully after that I can get some new suspension bushings in the rear. We'll see how far the budget takes me.

I love the car and really just want to get it to the point where I can do some Autox events this year and maybe break into hillclimbing.

I'll post the progress I make on this build thread and hopefully throw together some how to's as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1990 BMW 325i Sedan
    Mods:
    -Condor Poly CABs

Decided to try to repair the sunroof headliner today with some fabric glue. Came out pretty good...

1990 BMW 325i Sedan
    Mods:
    -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

90 325i Sedan Resto - Mod

Decided to drop the fuel tank and replace the rear brake and hard fuel lines.
      I don't plan on dropping the subframe, so I hope having no fuel tank in the way will aid a little bit in doing the lines and hoses.

Got as far as dropping the fuel tank and loosening up the retainers that hold the fuel and brake lines to the underbody. (That part really sucked)

Here's some pictures,I'll be replacing the lines tomorrow and I'll snap a few more.

Last edited by 86bmw325e; 07-29-2017, 06:27 PM.
      1990 BMW 325i Sedan
      Mods:
      -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

Nice progress.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

So over the last couple of days I've replaced all the rear brake lines including the one from the proportioning valve in the front to the rear t, the t itself, and hoses.

I replaced both the hard fuel lines, which were a little crusty. The Evap line is super crusty too, I'll have to do that at some point

I transferred everything over to the new tank...

Since my order came in from Bavarian and Condor, I also through a new trunk seal in as well as plugs, cap, and rotor.
          The old plugs seemed to be wet with fuel so it appears I may have some leaky injectors I'll be addressing. Would explain the intermittent hard start.

I scrapped the flimsy stock CABs for some Condor centered Poly ones. The installation was pretty easy (pre pressed into lollipops) and the feel is a lot tighter than before.
          Definitely a small improvement.

Now that the car is safe and roadworthy, I'm going to take it to a few auto x and track days.

Next on the list is shifter bushings, selector shaft seal, guibo, and a valve adjustment.

1990 BMW 325i Sedan
          Mods:
          -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

looks good, nice to see Vermonters around

Comment

Looks solid for a NE car I see the mass plate on there too
              -His-
              87 e30 325i
              87 e24 m6
              05 e83 x3
              94 e32 740i 5spd
              -Hers-
              89 e30 325i
              18 f48 x1

Comment

Cool to see more and more fellow Vermonters on here! Nice solid car and good job on the fuel lines, I should get those done as well soon...
                Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Yea my fiancé and her family live in Brattleboro, and since my family lives over by Boston, they are kind enough to store my tools and let me wrench at their homestead.

1990 BMW 325i Sedan
                  Mods:
                  -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

Working...
                  X