A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lenwood View Post
    simon, i you are running dual solexes have you checked what type of jets you have? there are several different sizes. i had a 2000 roadster with that set up. running the b cam too? fun car when dialed in.
    Yup, dual Solex/ Mikuni 45s, headwork with a custom cam, basically a b-cam with more exhaust duration, header and a 2” exhaust. Will be wonderful once it’s dialed in... one of these days
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dang, I'm sorry. I know he's BMW, but try to give Scott Parsons at Long Beach Autohaus a call. He's dialed in a LOT of sidedraft setups.
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

any update? I'm still waiting to go for a rip in the canyons!
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
          any update? I'm still waiting to go for a rip in the canyons!
          Its in Rancho Cucamonga at House Kyusha Taka. He discovered some issues including the accelerator pump circuit not working properly, along with a few other things. As much as I am confident of the rebuild that Will did, there are enough issues that the best course is to rebuild them again, so thats what he is doing now. Hopefully I will get it back before the end of the year, so I can say I went "almost a year" since I drove it rather than "over a year" ...
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Its in Rancho Cucamonga at House Kyusha Taka. He discovered some issues including the accelerator pump circuit not working properly, along with a few other things. As much as I am confident of the rebuild that Will did, there are enough issues that the best course is to rebuild them again, so thats what he is doing now. Hopefully I will get it back before the end of the year, so I can say I went "almost a year" since I drove it rather than "over a year" ...
            I'd say that's moderately good news! Unfortunate that it needs to be done at all, but I'm glad it's in progress. I'm dying to hear it in person.
            Shadetree30

Comment

Yea its just more money... ... and time ....
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Yea its just more money... ... and time ....
                You'll forget about the money and time when you're carving some canyon roads. :)

Comment

Well... its been about two weeks. Theres good news and bad news.

Good News

Their butts finally showed up to take the car *rim shot*

and the car succesfully made it to House Kyusha Taka

Mikuni's are being completely taken apart and cleaned up. He offered to zinc plate them. I declined.

Bad News
                  Looks like the rebuild kit that was sent to Will had the wrong diaphragms...

Some stripped holes that are going to get helicoiled, and rather than deal with the NLA French Metric hardware, they will get something readily available.

Heres some interesting stuff, a secondary hole drilled on the venturi. The extra hole will get plugged.

Meanwhile, he also posted this on Instagram. Im quite excited that he is taking this on... a few other issues to deal with before they get reassembled.

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

That sucks about the wrong parts being sent to Will, but it the fact this guy figured it out seems like good news to me. Think you'll have it back before the new year?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      That sucks about the wrong parts being sent to Will, but it the fact this guy figured it out seems like good news to me. Think you'll have it back before the new year?
                      He is the best person I can find, and definitely isnt scared to deal with these finicky carbs....

as for when it will be ready?... I keep jinxing myself so I wont say when I think it will be ready. Just hope *soon*
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjnQFtAcUI I wanted to share this in case you didn't see it yet. These cars are so neat.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          I wanted to share this in case you didn't see it yet. These cars are so neat.
                          Lol everyone that knows I own a Roadster has sent me pics/links to that car. I actually just watched that video today. It’s not bad, there’s a lot I like about it. Ironically, that car has two mods I considered for mine. First was the slanted Fairlady emblem on the back, but I decided against doing that and drilled the holes level, so it sits horizontally like it’s supposed to. The other item was the muffler, I was considering using a super trap muffler but also decided against that. I’m leaning towards doing something different that I think would like and sound significantly better. Stay tuned In other news, this image was sent my way over the weekend...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I like seeing those types of builds for sure. Lots of good inspiration, I think. I will be honest that every time i see one of these i'm taking a picture to post in here. How much sense does it make to just powder coat the front dash like that? common?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              I like seeing those types of builds for sure. Lots of good inspiration, I think. I will be honest that every time i see one of these i'm taking a picture to post in here. How much sense does it make to just powder coat the front dash like that? common?
                              The pre68 had those metal dash faces so its a nice touch, Ive seen a lot of different things people have done. The odd yellow headlight is strange but overall the car is nicely done
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Oh shit are those fully assembled carbs??

I'll be here over the holiday break... HMU... let's shatter the early morning peace and quiet in the canyons with the sound of our people
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X