Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    You buy painter tape by the bushel?

I love seeing the steps of how you go about this.

Pretty much. We mask off a substantial amount of a vehicle when we get it in for integration. There’s lots of “left over” rolls kicking around that I toss in a box for this type of thing.

Comment

painters tape and saran wrap are gods gift to those who do composite layups. Do you use mold release, or do you not have any issues with the tape sticking to the epoxy?
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        painters tape and saran wrap are gods gift to those who do composite layups. Do you use mold release, or do you not have any issues with the tape sticking to the epoxy?

Sometimes I dust some PVA. usually a little work with the heat gun post cure releases tape remnants. Also, for a part like this, there’s no real downside to some tape scraps living on the back of the upholstered part.

Comment

Making caps for the end of the dash to meet up with the door tops.

Comment

Well, through a chain of events helping my brother fix his car, I wound up with the engine I will eventually swap into the Amazon. It’s the same engine as in the Ford Focus RS. Good for 300hp out of the box. Capable of 420hp crank without even opening the bottom end. This will be getting worked on in the background and not a super focus at the moment.

Already took the head in and had it decked and the valves lapped.

I started drawing the flange on the lower intake so I can make a new plenum.

I plan on keeping a Getrag 260 in here. It’ll be custom adapting from here on out. With some parts from the amazing man that is Metallated I’m hoping to make all the custom parts separate and have everything ready to have as little as possible down time.

It does mean that I won’t be finishing up my M20 ITBs. If anyone is interested in buying what I’ve got, where it’s at, for what I’ve got into it, let me know. Still needs some customizing, but a solid start for sure.

Comment

Saved for future inspiration:

Comment

Little more dashboard work.

Comment

Looks like although the intake mounting is substantially different, the exhaust appears to be the same as other whiteblocks. Cut this from a six cylinder pattern trimmed down to five holes.

Comment

As this thing potentially becomes a bit less BMW, is there still any interest here for continuing the build thread? The chassis is still BMW, but it feels like it’s drifting away from the BMW family a bit. Let me know, I don’t mind continuing to post here, but if no one’s interested, I’ll shift elsewhere.

Comment

Oh we're still interested :popcorn:
                      1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
                        Oh we're still interested :popcorn:

x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok. I was asked on another forum if I was gonna stop portraying it as an E30, and I wasn’t really sure. I mean, it’s got a different body on it, but general engine swap stuff is still relevant I guess.

Either way, I’ll just keep posting here too.

Comment

Keep posting it here you turd :) <3
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

If you stop posting, at the very least leave a hyperlink so we can follow your progress.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

It will be a sad day for us all if you leave the forum.

Still very interested, especially as of late. I was always curious how you were going to continue adapting the E30 dash into the Amazon, it looks to be coming along great.

Comment

Working...
                                X