No announcement yet.

The Blunderwagon - 89 325iX touring 3.1L stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is most likely not your throwout bearing. It might be your pilot bearing, or input shaft bearing on the transmission.

I don’t have a part #, sorry. As far as I can tell, this is a regular m20 kit. I think the ix kit is dimensionally similar but has a stiffer pressure plate spring.
    cars beep boop

Comment

I ended up just using a regular M20 kit from Sachs too. I didn't see anything ix specific.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        That is most likely not your throwout bearing. It might be your pilot bearing, or input shaft bearing on the transmission.

I don’t have a part #, sorry. As far as I can tell, this is a regular m20 kit. I think the ix kit is dimensionally similar but has a stiffer pressure plate spring.
        Cool, thanks. That might also be the silent whining I'm hearing when I accelerate under load.

No problem. So far I've found this number for a Sachs kit 3000 132 002, looks like a regular 325i kit.
        And yes, the pressure plate spring is stiffer.
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
          Do you happen to have the part no for the whole kit? If I'm not mistaken the ix has a different pressure plate that the regular 325i.

It rattles with the pedal out, when I press is in, the rattle is gone.
          That's every 325i ;)
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

can confirm

also, anyone have any really super excellent 100% great ideas/tips for pulling out the TC bushing that aren't "have the specific OEM BMW tool you need for just this purpose"?
            cars beep boop

Comment

Borrow the tool from Ryan G?

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

heh, maybe if he wasn't 2 hours away.

I think a shopmate has a generic bushing puller tool. will see if I can rig it to work. the offset hole is a pain.
                cars beep boop

Comment

In '80 I drove from Santa Monica to Newport Beach for a carb for my first '71 2002. Was over a 2 hour trip on the San Diego parking lot then.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

can confirm

also, anyone have any really super excellent 100% great ideas/tips for pulling out the TC bushing that aren't "have the specific OEM BMW tool you need for just this purpose"?
                    I just got a little hack saw, took out the bushing, then i sawed through the metal sleeve and banged that bitch out with a hammer. Took maybe 30-45 min to get it out. To put in the new one, freeze it and then get some grease to slide it into place. Make sure the geometry is lined up or it will get slightly stuck.

IF you want pictures for reference it's in my thread somewhere.

Comment

I'll take a look, thanks.

Also, primered and undercoated my booger weld job last night in prep for the trans to go back in, and got my driveshafts cleaned up, primered and painted. All that stuff's boring, so no photos yet.

Trans, TC and driveshafts should be going in this weekend if I can get the bushing swapped, and then I can finally drive it for real.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Also, primered and undercoated my booger weld job last night in prep for the trans to go back in, and got my driveshafts cleaned up, primered and painted. All that stuff's boring, so no photos yet.

Trans, TC and driveshafts should be going in this weekend if I can get the bushing swapped, and then I can finally drive it for real.
                        I'm waiting on a gargistic TC bushing in 80a poly. Looks like a great piece, so i might be in the same boat this weekend. Mine will be much easier to push in though, cause it's not metal sleeved.

Comment

So I assume you are now using the E34 CV joint for your rear driveshaft?
                          1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                          1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

That is the plan, but it looks a little tight. Might end up needing to space the diff down a bit, which would suck but is not the end of the world.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

kronus, for the bushing, i think i cut out the old one and then used a balljoint press c clamp to push the new one in

Comment

Heres an ix pressure plate, i can do some measuring if anyone is interested
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X