• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    This has never been verified.
    Thank you for bringing this up.

Julien, when will you satisfy your end of the bargain?

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    I don't know but I've heard they also found me a sick deal on the center caps and look real good running around a track in pink yoga pants
    This has never been verified.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    I don't know but I've heard they also found me a sick deal on the center caps and look real good running around a track in pink yoga pants

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    tossed the iX weaves back on and have been driving it.

I wonder who balanced and installed those rims on the wagon, they did an AMAZING job

;D

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    tossed the iX weaves back on and have been driving it.

I also installed rear headrests last night, but didn't manage to get a photo.

I've also just taken delivery of a NOS iX oil pump, so I have basically everything needed to start adapting the stroker motor to AWD.

I'm looking to be rid of the tow hitch setup, but need a replacement bumper without a cutout and some rear bumper shocks. Anyone local want to make a trade?

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    well, it's possible that I am a fool. I'm going to stare at it some.

had a bit of spare time during the holidays, got the driver's door hinge fixed up.

I used one hinge repair kit on the upper hinge, but the other one was fine.

fixed. significantly less wind noise, and the door doesn't move a centimeter up and down when you jostle it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    it's got ARP stuff throughout, an S52 rotating assembly, and brand new, custom bore pistons. priced out, the parts in this motor are similar to what I'd spend for factory replacement stuff if I were to rebuild my spare ix M20.
    While that's true, all you really need to drop it into the ix block is a bore and hone. The ARP hardware is 100% reusable.

You're into this sucker a lot already - converting an RWD block to an ix block is a fool's errand - IMO.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    it's got ARP stuff throughout, an S52 rotating assembly, and brand new, custom bore pistons. priced out, the parts in this motor are similar to what I'd spend for factory replacement stuff if I were to rebuild my spare ix M20.
    While that's true, all you really need to drop it into the ix block is a bore and hone. The ARP hardware is 100% reusable.

You're into this sucker a lot already. 'Converting' a RWD block to an ix block (if it's really even possible, I have my doubts) is a fools errand - IMO.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    That's some nice stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    ...but you bought a whole new motor to build. Isn't the head the best part of that motor anyway?

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    I was thinking interference fit plug, then drill&tap for the hole. it'll be on the edge of the plug and the block casting, but, it might work

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    you're still missing the bolt hole on that part of the pump. I suspect the other person who did the plug probably left it off.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    I've also heard of the plug with holes in it approach. don't see why it wouldn't work, and I have a friend with a lathe who's eager for projects.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    you have to fill it with something. On the ix it's just a small hole that goes to the pump, on the RWD car it's a big peice that threads in. You can't just leave the valve there either because now you will have two (one in the pump and one on the block).

I don't know how you would do it because once I saw the differences, I just used the ix block (even though the RWD block I had was way nicer). I have heard of somebody machining a plug with a hole in it.

ix block:

RWD block (best picture I have, sorry about the crank scraper in the way):

You can see with the pump right next to the RWD block why it won't work so easily. There's also nowhere for the extra bolt that holds the pump to the block.
    Last edited by nando; 12-28-2018, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    ...but you bought a whole new motor to build. Isn't the head the best part of that motor anyway?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X