No announcement yet.

Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely, it will be the "Rebuilt @" mileage As far as paperworkgoes, I don't think they make binders that thick, lol.

Ref: Your previous post. I have had a lot of people telling me they want to restore an old car, I always say it's a genuine labor of love, with empasis on labor, and love of spending money.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
      I always say it's a genuine labor of love, with emphasis on labor, and love of spending money.

Too true! If I had the money back I've invested in labor on all my cars, I could retire. Comfortably! LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
        I do things.

Comment

She runs!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
          I do things.

Comment

She runs!

Good times. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

That's really nice!! Looks amazing, I cant wait to see mine run again one day. Life and children have gotten in the way lately so I've had to leave it sitting and only been able to work on it off and on.

Good job!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

She runs!

CONGRATS DUDE!!! What a huge deal...can’t wait to see the video hauling ass down the road!!!
                  Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                  The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                  The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                  The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Sick!

Comment

Thanks!

Ran in the cam, changed the oil, and worked on some of the interior wiring. Got rid of the push button start, went back to turning the key.

None of the interior lights come on, unless the dimmer is turned all the way on, strange.

Anyway, snapped a few pics.

I do things.

Comment

bad@ss man
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Looks great man, jealous that you have yours running. What was your turnaround time with the Bavarian Restoration cluster restore? Did you have them do your AFM or just the cluster?
                          '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                            bad@ss man
                            Thanks! I'm super stoked seeing it all come together.

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                            Looks great man, jealous that you have yours running. What was your turnaround time with the Bavarian Restoration cluster restore? Did you have them do your AFM or just the cluster?
                            Thanks!

I talked with Greg, he told me about 6 weeks, about week 5 of that, I ordered a refurbished AFM, and asked about my cluster, he replied "What cluster".
                            I think he forgot, and it took about another month, he did give me a nice discount to make up for it. I wasn't in a hurry, so that was very fair of him.

Cluster arrived about 3 days before I was ready to fire up the engine, so I never was waiting on it, talk about perfect timing.

TL DR; It could be a while, if you need the car, get a replacement to use temporarily. But 100% recommended.
                            I do things.

Comment

Thanks! I'm super stoked seeing it all come together.

Thanks!

I talked with Greg, he told me about 6 weeks, about week 5 of that, I ordered a refurbished AFM, and asked about my cluster, he replied "What cluster".
                              I think he forgot, and it took about another month, he did give me a nice discount to make up for it. I wasn't in a hurry, so that was very fair of him.

Cluster arrived about 3 days before I was ready to fire up the engine, so I never was waiting on it, talk about perfect timing.

TL DR; It could be a while, if you need the car, get a replacement to use temporarily. But 100% recommended.
                              Greg does awesome work! I had my cluster done by him as well as all new grounding cables.
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I forgot, I bought his grounding cables as well, another 10/10 product.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X