No announcement yet.

Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang looks very nice. i like that you didn't do late model cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
      dang looks very nice. i like that you didn't do late model cooling.
      It was a real consideration.

I have a C5 Corvette, and that thing doesn't cool properly, when I'm hammering on it in mountain roads, the temps easily climb to 230, and 275+ oil temps. Now, the LS1 can handle those, but it made me paranoid about cooling when I was building this car. In the end I decided to keep the OEM oil cooler, and go with a new radiator.

If I have cooling issues I'll go late style with am aftermarket radiator.
      I do things.

Comment

Nice thanks guys. Was planning on a cluster, AFM, and cables so glad to hear you're all happy with them. I have a few spare clusters that I can use in the meantime.
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
          Nice thanks guys. Was planning on a cluster, AFM, and cables so glad to hear you're all happy with them. I have a few spare clusters that I can use in the meantime.
          Cables, and the AFM shipped pretty quickly, I believe he has a few of those ready to ship.
          I do things.

Comment

Two bad light switches, and several frustrating hours later, I ordered a late model pigtail, and a new switch.

Grumble grumble.
            I do things.

Comment

FCP Euro sells the early style headlight switch, and it's less expensive than the late!

Also, still have high idle, between 1200 and 1000rpm. Rolling the dice on an eBay IACV.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                FCP Euro sells the early style headlight switch, and it's less expensive than the late!

Also, still have high idle, between 1200 and 1000rpm. Rolling the dice on an eBay IACV.
                What is the difference between the early and late switches.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I have purchased a ICV from eBay and I ended up buying a used OEM one that worked much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    What is the difference between the early and late switches.
                    The plug connection.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                      I have purchased a ICV from eBay and I ended up buying a used OEM one that worked much better.

I have a feeling this will be the route I go as well.
                      I'm not 100% certain mine is bad, but trying to rule it out.
                      I do things.

Comment

I have a feeling this will be the route I go as well.

I'm not 100% certain mine is bad, but trying to rule it out.
                        Tps could also cause some weird idle. Even after I thought I set my right it was factions off and that made a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          Tps could also cause some weird idle. Even after I thought I set my right it was factions off and that made a difference.

Good to know. Thanks! That's something I hadn't considered.

I went back and looked at videos from before the resto, and it did the same thing. So, I'll drive the car some, and do the find adjustments down the road
                          I do things.

Comment

Got the interior lights sorted out, and quite a bit of interior pieces back in.

I've been battling a nasty cold, and terrible weather.

Got the speakers installed in the kick panel, and the wiring ran.

The OBC works, but the backlight doesn't, it was replaced with a Garagastic unit, idk. Might just live with it not working for now.

I do things.

Comment

Wow that cluster really changes the look of the interior. Looks so good. Start feeling better. I've been dealing with a cold as well. It sucks.

Comment

little by little but its coming along. i wonder how quiet your car will be with all the mat you put in.

Comment

Working...
                                X