• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that look really really nice now, good progress
    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Wow- Great to see this thing getting worked on. Car looks great all one color! I miss it at times and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, but I'm pretty involved in an e60 m5 6sp project right now and no way I'd have the time or money for both
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
        Wow- Great to see this thing getting worked on. Car looks great all one color! I miss it at times and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, but I'm pretty involved in an e60 m5 6sp project right now and no way I'd have the time or money for both
        So cool to see the old owner seeing this!
        I just replaced the ac compressor today, had it recharged & realized it won’t grab the clutch due to the ambient temp sensor being faulty. Should have it Wednesday, crossing my finders that is the problem. I tried everything else that could’ve been a culprit.
        I also noticed that the fuel “equalizer” is literally squirting our fuel like a little squirt gun from a broken plastic top. That will also be here Wednesday... lol
        Ordering the tool for the valve adjustment tonight!

Comment

Replaced the ac compressor, & ambient temp sensor. The ac system still wont kick on. pressures are good, relay, fuses, etc..

Took a break from the ac system,
          replaced a fuel pressure dampener (which was leaking fuel),
          and the fuel lines that were nasty along with it.

Starting to reshim the valves, replace plugs, valve cover/plug cover gaskets.

cyl6 plug cover, & the back of the valve cover were leaking quite a lot.

dropped off the valve cover to be repowdercoated!

Bought the bucket compressor tool off a tech at Bmw, same tool used for the e30 m3's s14.

starting the valve adjustment

cyl 6 was fun, had to move the wiring harness out of the metal bracket.

Here's the chart I used for the valve adjustment complete with all the new tolerances.

Once I get this all back together, ill be doing an ITB synchronization.
          New cap & rotor are currently shipping!
          All the valve tolerances were a little tight, as to be expected, but perfect now!

Back to hunting down the ac issue soon!

Comment

Working...
          X