No announcement yet.

Re-body project for my 24V e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t updated the progress on this in a few weeks... I’ve got the floor grafted in and pretty much looking like stock. I’ve only been able to find black Wurth rubberized undercoating... I was hoping it would lay down a little thicker and look more like the “shutz” that the factory used.. and I would’ve liked to find it in tan... but I’ve been hitting the black with combos of tan and grey paint and getting decent enough results... especially for the part of the car that nobody will see...

Also the rad support is fully welded in. Next step is getting the under hood area fully painted in Alpine white.
    5 lug DS1 wheels will be going on her
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

big kudos to you, for sticking with the project. there's a lot of dedication invested there. thanks for sharing.

A
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

it’s way easier to post pics on Facebook.. the project is coming along nicely

Comment

Very cool project. I just moved to Norton, OH, so not far from you. My V8 E30 build is currently on a truck heading this way (along with my '19 Miata).

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                Very cool project. I just moved to Norton, OH, so not far from you. My V8 E30 build is currently on a truck heading this way (along with my '19 Miata).
                nice! I’m down that way every now and then with my band.. we rehearse in wadsworth. One member is still in high school and goes to Norton

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                  nice! I’m down that way every now and then with my band.. we rehearse in wadsworth. One member is still in high school and goes to Norton

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't updated my progress on this car here in a while. Struggling as always to simply post a couple of pics, so I'll just share my FB album. The thing runs and drives now, which is obviously a huge hurdle. Just being able to move it around the shop to work on it, and not push it is a huge help. (It gets stored in the lower level of the shop, and had to be pushed up a ramp to get to my lift, or I would just work on another guys lift and use his tools)

I was planning on seeing this through piece by piece like the rest of the project has been going, but decided to just put the nose together and drive it this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

progress photos of this build ended up just becoming an album over on my FB page.. which I had been sharing with the R3v Fb group.. until I got kicked off and blocked for apparently sharing in appropriate photos of minors (???)
                        but anyway, I made a quick update video on the car

Comment

Facebook photos

Comment

Working...
                          X