Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan's Hennarot 318is (s54, slicktop conversion, MT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    Out for a drive with Kid8 and zwill23 : LS, turrrrbooo m20, and s54. Lot's of fun.

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    Finishing touches... Surprisingly I ordered this more than a year ago on ECSTuning when it was unavailable and they held onto my order and shipped it recently. Pretty cool. Glad to finally have a badge on it but it looks a little weird since I'm so used to seeing it without.

Leave a comment:

• dothadance
    replied
    Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post

Haha - dude you were actually one of my inspirations when I started this project. Anytime I thought, man...how can I do this swap in a driveway with no garage I thought, dude there is a guy in Austin who did a v8 swap in his living room and a parking garage. Made me believe anything was possible.
    hahaha aw shucks. for real though, idk how i haven't seen this, i was at both radwoods. Very cool car.

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    I finally put my wiring cover on. It requires some "modifications" including cutting out the bottom for the airbox and the s54 wiring harness is mega thick so it wouldn't clip on normally. I had to secure it with zip ties but it sure looks better than seeing loose wires. Still lots of work to go in the engine bay. I need to order custom paint code stickers and all of that.

I got mine to fit quite easily with 3 additional relays for the stuff I added. Cut off the corrugated cover and rubber bits, then candy stripe wrap it for protection. I also wrapped the wire harness with cloth tape where the zip ties go so that nothing rubs. The only part I didn't have much room for, but got it to fit looking stock was the wiring above the glove box.

Personally if I were to do it over, I would make custom wiring for ALL the ECU stuff and fit the relays and mess in a custom box where the battery tray is, like R3V3MUP is doing. There is quite a bit of wiring that can be cut out from the X6011 and X6021 (E46 ETM #s, not Z3M) THough if you do that you could use those plugs to break out power/signal to additions. Next time I am just going to use TE DTM plugs everywhere and several circular connectors. Sure $400 a pop, but worth the ease.

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    Originally posted by dothadance View Post
    How have i never seen this car?!?
    Haha - dude you were actually one of my inspirations when I started this project. Anytime I thought, man...how can I do this swap in a driveway with no garage I thought, dude there is a guy in Austin who did a v8 swap in his living room and a parking garage. Made me believe anything was possible.

Leave a comment:

• dothadance
    replied
    How have i never seen this car?!?

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied

Thanks man - can't wait to see your turboski's. Super pumped.
    Me too!!

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
    Looked incredible in person, as always
    Thanks man - can't wait to see your turboski's. Super pumped.

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied
    Looked incredible in person, as always

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    A few pics from RadWOOD Austin. If you have one of these nearby I highly recommend.

I got to share the space with an all original e30m3. It was cool to see the two next to each other.

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    I finally put my wiring cover on. It requires some "modifications" including cutting out the bottom for the airbox and the s54 wiring harness is mega thick so it wouldn't clip on normally. I had to secure it with zip ties but it sure looks better than seeing loose wires. Still lots of work to go in the engine bay. I need to order custom paint code stickers and all of that.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Cool tach!

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    where do you get those stickers? I'd like one as well.
    Bimmerheads:

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    where do you get those stickers? I'd like one as well.

Leave a comment:

• rjmcdermott81
    replied
    Finishing touches - gotta represent. These stickers look really nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X