-1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Subscribed.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Man, that roof rack picture had me do a double take. So similar, but so far away from my car. Really puts it perspective where mine could be at one day.

I spent a couple hours buffing my hood and trunk like you recommend a while back, it's very far from perfect but still a vast improvement. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
          Man, that roof rack picture had me do a double take. So similar, but so far away from my car. Really puts it perspective where mine could be at one day.

I spent a couple hours buffing my hood and trunk like you recommend a while back, it's very far from perfect but still a vast improvement. Thanks for the advice!

Nice dude!! I did clay bar, meguiars ultimate compound, polish, wax with my high speed buffer.
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Nice work! It's come a long way.

I need to get my act together and work on my moneypits.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You wouldn't be willing to part with that spare Nardi Woodline would you...

Excited to see what you have in store, nice car
              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

loving the progress! Subscribed.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Anyone want to start a pool and see how long he keeps this one for?!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    Nice work! It's come a long way.

I need to get my act together and work on my moneypits.
                    Lemme borrow that s54 real quick ;)

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                    You wouldn't be willing to part with that spare Nardi Woodline would you...

Excited to see what you have in store, nice car
                    Sure
                    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    loving the progress! Subscribed.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                    Anyone want to start a pool and see how long he keeps this one for?!
                    y so mean

I'm thinking of giving the title to kronus or something so I can't sell her
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Got some Garagistic love in the mail recently!

(an e36 rack swap kit and some odometer gears)

Took a couple of the spare instrument clusters I had apart to make one good one with a working odometer. Almost all of these were a mix of motometer an vdo parts. Always check your actual speedo before ordering gears.

All new and shiny:

I decided to be fancy and install chrome cluster rings. I'll pull them out if I have a change of heart about them, but for now I like them.

Next up was swapping in the Z3 (2.7 turn lock to lock linear) rebuilt steering rack I got on Ebay. Everything went pretty straight forward.

My rebuilt e30 steering rack (4 turns lock to lock) that I'm not sure what to do with. Maybe somebody will want it, someday.

Did a quick alignment check with my buddy Dirk's tool. Pretty cool gadget for sure, uses mirrors to check front toe. Mine was right at 0 degrees (somehow) so I left it for now.

Drove the car a lot in really bad air quality :-?

(Because no cabin filter)

Last mechanical work I did to the car was a bit of a marathon. I fixed a camseal that was leaking. Replaced the timing belt as it had a few years on it but very little miles. Replaced the front rotors (well Kronus did that). Fix a leak at the Z3 rack banjo bolt, Drop down my exhaust and weld a leaking connection, and swap springs (Kronus did that too) *gasp* it was a long day.

Leaky seal:

Weitec (green) vs H&R Race (red) Springs and matching feet.

Did the spring swap as the car was getting a little too harsh for daily driving with the Race springs. So far I'm pretty happy with the Weitecs that Kronus had laying around. The change of springs Raised the car up about 3/4"

More to come. Soon.
                      Build Threads:

Comment

My seat upholstery came in from Auto Custom Leather. This is my second order with them, the first was for Betty. Since Bella had M3 seats swapped into her at some point I decided to spring for something special. Evo Cloth!!

First, lets discuss my current (hideous) interior. It was sewn by someone half blind, completely drunk, at night using the worlds hardest and shiniest vinyl. BLECH.

Look at those wavy door panels.

No Comment

I could shave in that it's so reflective

And here is today's patient.

On the exam table:

My very patient gf doing blackfriday stuff:

Steaming the Foam

Stretching and hog ringing the leather in place

Top side done

Steaming the bottom side:

Here is a little trick I use to fold the upholstery over the foam. Since it's hard to anchor hog rings into foam I put a little bailing wire to snug things up:

Once I check everything is centered I hog ring away on both sides and remove the bailing wire:

Here is the completed product:

Installed:

Hopefully getting to the other seat soon. Back seat and door cards are still on their way here.

'till next time, cheers.
                        Last edited by Julien; 11-23-2018, 11:07 PM.
                        Build Threads:

Comment

Interior is looking fresh. I hope you do keep this one
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                            This car is what i mean when I tell people to buy the best car you can find and make it better.
                            Here, here. Always best to start with the best starting point you can!

Well done on the seat work OP - vast improvement over the vinyl that was there!

Nice work on the car overall, turning into a great daily.
                            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

why’d they draw a nutsack on your odometer gears
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                why’d they draw a nutsack on your odometer gears
                                IT's A CHIN AND A NOSE
                                Build Threads:

Comment

Working...
                                X